change dir in panels by cd in terminal

delta Pi

May 11, 2021, 6:25:46 PMMay 11
to krusader-users
Hi,

I'm quite amazed by Krusader, really like the tool. However I would love to be able to turn on a synchronization of the dirs between the terminal and the panels. It improves the workflow with the terminal so much.

I've seen dolphin being able to switch dirs from the panel in the terminal and vice versa, cd from the terminal switches the directory in the panels.

Is it possible to turn that on in Krusader?

And if not, is there a possibility to look up that functionality from the dolphin browser and patch something similar in Krusader?

Greetings,
DeltaOfPie

A. Bikadorov

May 17, 2021, 2:47:36 PMMay 17
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Hi DeltaOfPie,

it is only possible to change dirs from the panel to the terminal.
Settings->Configure Krusader->General->Terminal: "Embedded Terminal sends ChDir"

A patch (including an additional config option) for the other direction is welcome.
Source of Krusader is
https://invent.kde.org/utilities/krusader
for Dolphin
https://invent.kde.org/system/dolphin

The embedded terminal in Krusader is from the KDE framework libraries. You may wanna start
with checking out
https://invent.kde.org/utilities/krusader/-/blob/master/krusader/GUI/terminaldock.h

Cheers,
Alex

delta Pi

May 23, 2021, 2:30:47 PMMay 23
to krusader-users
Hey, thx for the resources. I will try if I can get something like this implemented, when I will find the time.