NFS - Systemd automount - timeout

Radek Machulka

May 22, 2020, 3:42:17 AM5/22/20
to krusader-users
Hi,

I have NFS share automounted with systemd on /home/rad/_mount/odroid_nfs. The settings is such that it times out after 10 s if it can not connect. If I open the directory /home/rad/_mount with Dolphin, for example, it works as expected. It hangs for 10 s and than enter the directory. The mountpoint odroid_nfs is not shown. If I do the same in Krusader, it tries to connect not just once as Dolphin (the triggering proces is file.so), but six times (so more probably there is one minute timeout) before it gives up and enter the directory. In this case the mountpoint odroid_nfs is shown.

Is there any way how to reduce this dead time?
Thank you
Radek

Davide Gianforte

May 23, 2020, 6:36:02 AM5/23/20
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
On venerdì 22 maggio 2020 09:42:17 CEST Radek Machulka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have NFS share automounted with systemd on */home/rad/_mount/odroid_nfs*.
> The settings is such that it times out after 10 s if it can not connect. If
> I open the directory */home/rad/_mount* with Dolphin, for example, it works
> as expected. It hangs for 10 s and than enter the directory. The mountpoint
> *odroid_nfs* is not shown. If I do the same in Krusader, it tries to
> connect not just once as Dolphin (the triggering proces is *file.so*), but
> six times (so more probably there is one minute timeout) before it gives up
> and enter the directory. In this case the mountpoint *odroid_nfs* is shown.
>
> Is there any way how to reduce this dead time?
> Thank you
> Radek

Hi Radek,

that will require some code investigation, please fill a bug on

https://bugs.kde.org/

to get it tracked.

Thank you very much
Davide