Even though this release contains quite a bunch of new features our main focus
was to create a KDE4 version that is ready for everyday use. Overall the
release is very usable but might contain bugs that haven't been present in
prior versions. Please provide us bug reports, feedback and patches to make it
as solid as the KDE3 version. Many thanks to everyone who supported us in the
The highlights of this release are:
- Archive dialog now remembers Compression level
- View properties for detailed/brief/interviews are merged into one
- I18n updates
Changes since 2.0.0-beta2 (but not limited to):
- Queue manager
Enqueue operation for copy / move operations
Use F5 (copy) or F6 (move) and than F2 to enqueue
Or the direct shortcuts: copy by queue (SHIFT+F5), move by queue (SHIFT+F6)
- Five sorting methods
- Support for tar.lzma (KDE's tar protocol doesn't support it yet)
- Konfigurator mouse selection mode: Possibility to select a predefined
mode and change a detail.
- Highlight quick search match
- Useractions: added checkbox "enabled"
and run mode option "Run in embedded terminal emulator"
- The description of a dir contains its size if it is known
- Many, many bugfixes
Changes since 2.0.0-beta1 (but not limited to):
- Ported to KDE4 not using any of the Qt3 support libs
- Experimental support for the Windows platform
- Send emails with Thunderbird
- Attach multiple files to emails
- Submenus for categories in UserAction menu and context menu
- Select encoding in content search and krarc
- New synchronizer shortcuts
Read SVNNEWS for detailed information about the new features and the INSTALL
file for detailed installation instructions.
Notice: if you've got bugs to report, please do so using Krusader's
website, and not using KDE's bugzilla (bugs.kde.org).
as always, enjoy
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please visit