Krusader Newsletter: Volume 3, Number 6, 11 September 2007

Frank Schoolmeesters

Sep 11, 2007, 3:35:54 PM9/11/07
to krusad...@googlegroups.com

Krusader Newsletter, 11 september 2007

(c) 2005-2007 by The Krusader Krew, All Rights Reserved

http://krusader.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1994

Welcome to the sixth Krusader Newsletter of 2007 with news, views and
information about recent developments and ongoing issues in the
Krusader project. Our aim is to inform of recent developments, give a
preview of upcoming features and to let our loyal users have a direct
line to the Krusader Krew.

Krusader-2.x for KDE4: about 50% of the soucecode is ported
tracks now also the SVN commits [2]. Up to the next 50%!
To check out the latest Krusader 2.x for KDE 4 from SVN use:
[code]$ svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/krusader/trunk/krusader_kde4[/code]

1. http://groups.google.com/group/krusader-devel/browse_thread/thread/2be497e8728e7978/ca43a8a0367756db
2. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/lists.php

Send in your Krusader Extensions!
The Krusader Krew has decided to release a final KDE3.x version [2]
called Krusader-1.90.0 "Power Stone" wich will include all Krusader
extensions goodies of kde-files.org [3] Krusader supports a wide
varity of extensions (Keymaps, Colormaps, User Actions, JavaScript
Extensions). We are always glad to see someone creating something new.
Please upload your extensions at kde-files.org. The best extensions
will be included in the Krusader-1.90.0 "Power Stone" release.
btw. translations updates or new translations are also welcome.

2. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1989
3. http://www.kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=660x661x662x663

Here are the urls that explains HowTo create Krusader Extensions:
Keymaps [4], Colormaps [5], User Actions [6] [7], JavaScript
Extensions [8]. Everyone can do it! Thanks!

4. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/handbook/settings-menu.html#configure-shortcuts
5. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/handbook/konfig-color.html
6. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/handbook/useractions.html
7. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/handbook/useraction-xml.html
8. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/handbook/javascript_interface.html

Help us with translating our handbook
We are looking for translators for translating our handbook [9]
(online HTML format [10] great lookingPDF format[11]).
For some unknown reason it seems to be very hard to find people who
like to help with the Krusader handbook in general. Several people
have already offered help and than they seem to dissapear [9] so, you
have been warned ;-) , so all help is very appriciated.

9 http://krusader.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1977
10. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/handbook/
11. http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6488&package_id=125990&release_id=528232
12. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1397

Krusader 1.70.1 distribution news
***************************************
Distrowatch.com reports 23 distibutions that provide Krusader-1.70.1 [13].

13. http://distrowatch.com/search.php?pkg=krusader&pkgver=1.70.1

[*]Ark Linux: dockyard, 2006.1
[*]Atomix: 4.0
[*]CCux Linux: stable
[*]Debian GNU/Linux: 4.0 (stable)
[*]DragonFly BSD: 1.10, 1.8, 1.6
[*]FreeBSD: 6.2
[*]Frugalware Linux: 0.6, 0.5
[*]Gentoo Linux: stable, 2007.0, 2006.1
[*]NEW: Granular Linux: 0.90-test
[*]KANOTIX: 2006-01-rc4
[*]KateOS: 3.6-beta2, 3.2
[*]KNOPPIX: 5.1.1
[*]Linux-EduCD: 0.7.1
[*]Lunar Linux: 1.6.1
[*]NetBSD: 4.0-rc1, 3.1
[*]NetSecL: 2.1, 2.0
[*]PCLinuxOS: 2007, 0.93a
[*]PLD Linux Distribution: dev, 2.0
[*]openSUSE: 10.2
[*]T2 SDE: 7.0-rc
[*]UHU-Linux: 2.0
[*]Yoper Linux: 3.0

Krusader 1.80.0 distribution news
***************************************
Distrowatch.com reports that currently 18 distibutions provide
Krusader-1.80.0 [14], wich means that 7 more distros have updated to
version 1.80.0: FreeBSD, Frugalware Linux, Momonga Linux, NetBSD,
PCLinuxOS, openSUSE, T2 SDE. Thanks! Be aware that distrowatch.com
only checks the initial release of a distro, so updates, backports or
external repositories are not always reported in this list.

14. http://distrowatch.com/search.php?pkg=krusader&pkgver=1.80.0

[*]ALT Linux: Sisyphus
[*]Arch Linux: current
[*]Ark Linux: dockyard, dockyard, 2007.1
[*]Càtix
[*]Debian GNU/Linux: unstable, testing
[*]Fedora Project: rawhide
[*]UPDATE: FreeBSD: 7, 6
[*]UPDATE: Frugalware Linux: 0.7rc1
[*]Gentoo Linux: unstable
[*]Lunar Linux: moonbase
[*]Mandriva Linux: cooker
[*]UPDATE:Momonga Linux: 4
[*]UPDATE: NetBSD: pkgsrc
[*]UPDATE:PCLinuxOS: apt
[*]sidux: 2007-03
[*]Source Mage GNU/Linux: grimoire
[*]UPDATE: openSUSE: factory
[*]UPDATE:T2 SDE: snapshot

Krusader-1.80.0 distributions not reported by distrowatch
MacOS-X port available via finkproject.org [15]

15. http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/krusader

A packager of Momonga Linux [16], has reported that Krusader-1.80.0 is
available for Momonga Linux 4 [17 - 20], but that distrowatch.com
wrongly has reported 1.70.1 some while ago (see our previous
newsletter), but distrowatch has fixed the issue now :)

16. http://www.momonga-linux.org/
17. http://dist.momonga-linux.org/pub/momonga/4/SRPMS/
18. http://dist.momonga-linux.org/pub/momonga/4/SRPMS/krusader-1.80.0-1m.mo4.nosrc.rpm
19. http://dist.momonga-linux.org/pub/momonga/4/x86_64/os/Momonga/krusader-1.80.0-1m.mo4.x86_64.rpm
20. http://dist.momonga-linux.org/pub/momonga/4/i686/os/Momonga/krusader-1.80.0-1m.mo4.i686.rpm

Help and feedback
*********************
Here you get a chance to contribute to the Krusader project. Some
things need to be done, but can't be done by us. Help, feedback, and
contributions are always welcome. If you feel you can help, please
follow this link [21]. Thank you! If you have a topic for Krusader
news, please contact Frank. Your feedback on this newsletter and
future newsletters will be appreciated.

21. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/help.php

Thanks for reading. If you have any ideas to improve

Krusader, feel free to let us know. We do it all, for you....

Kind regards,

Krusader Krew