Krusader Newsletter: Volume 3, Number 5, 25 july 2007

Frank Schoolmeesters

Jul 25, 2007, 12:06:25 PM7/25/07
to krusad...@googlegroups.com

Krusader Newsletter, 25 July 2007

(c) 2005-2007 by The Krusader Krew, All Rights Reserved

http://krusader.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1972

Welcome to the fifth Krusader Newsletter of 2007 with news, views and
information about recent developments and ongoing issues in the
Krusader project. Our aim is to inform of recent developments, give a
preview of upcoming features and to let our loyal users have a direct
line to the Krusader Krew.

Krusader 1.80.0 "Final 3rd Stone" released!
Krusader-1.80.0 stable is released, at 21 July 2007. Thanks all! For
the distrowatch.com distribution list, read further this newsletter.

1. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1968

Krusader-2.x , KDE4 porting trouble
*************************************
Unfortunately we are currently unable to compile Krusader-2.x on the
current KDE4 (alpha2), it results in many compile errors and qt-copy
still breaks when using Q3ListView :-( If someone can fix this, then
don't hesitate to help us with the porting process, please contact
Shie [2] [3] [4] , Thanks! To check out the latest Krusader 2.x for
KDE 4 from SVN use:
$ svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/krusader/trunk/krusader_kde4

2. http://groups.google.com/group/krusader-devel/t/2be497e8728e7978
3. http://groups.google.com/group/krusader-devel/browse_thread/thread/2be497e8728e7978/c10f6c819e20a760?lnk=gst&q=(alpha2)&rnum=1#c10f6c819e20a760
4. http://krusader.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/krusader/trunk/krusader_kde4/

MacOS-X port available via finkproject.org
Thanks to Alexander K. Hansen (Fink User Liaison/Documenter) and
Catalin Hritcu, Krusader is added in the finkproject.org repository
[5] [6]. This latest version 1.80.0-beta2 is available for MacOS-X.
Thanks! Catalin Hritcu has become the official maintainer. Thanks!

5. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1954
6. http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/krusader

Krusader-1.80.0-beta2 available on Debian Testing
Krusader-1.80.0-beta2 has entered Debian Testing/lennythanks to Fathi
Boudra and Mark Purcell [7].

7. http://packages.debian.org/testing/utils/krusader

Krusader available on Sidux
*****************************
Sidux [8] [9] has included Krusader [10] in the 2007-02 Release [11]
(KDE full-sized edition). Thanks!.

8. http://sidux.com/
9. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1963
10. http://www.sidux.com/index.php?module=pnWikka&tag=zadminSiduxPackageList
11. http://shiftbackspace.com/2007/06/29/sidux-2007-02-a-review/

Krusader 1.70.1 distribution news
***********************************
Distrowatch.com reports 24 distibutions that provide Krusader-1.70.1
[12]. Be aware that distrowatch.com only checks the initial release of
a distro, so updates, backports or external repositories are not
always reported in this list.
Two new distributions have included Krusader: Granular Linux [13] and
Momonga Linux [14] , Thanks!

12. http://distrowatch.com/search.php?pkg=krusader&pkgver=1.70.1
13. http://distrowatch.com/granular
14. http://distrowatch.com/momonga

[*]Ark Linux: dockyard, 2006.1
[*]Atomix: 4.0
[*]CCux Linux: stable
[*]Debian GNU/Linux: 4.0 (stable)
[*]DragonFly BSD: 1.8, 1.6
[*]FreeBSD: 7, 6, 6.2
[*]Frugalware Linux: 0.7pre1, 0.6, 0.5
[*]Gentoo Linux: stable, 2007.0, 2006.1
[*] NEW: Granular Linux: 0.90-test
[*]KANOTIX: 2006-01-rc4
[*]KateOS: 3.6-beta2, 3.2
[*]KNOPPIX: 5.1.1
[*]Linux-EduCD: 0.7.1
[*]Lunar Linux: 1.6.1
[*]NEW: Momonga Linux: 4
[*]NetBSD: pkgsrc, 3.1
[*]NetSecL: 2.0
[*]PCLinuxOS: apt, 2007-test3, 0.93a
[*]PLD Linux Distribution: dev, 2.0
[*]Source Mage GNU/Linux: grimoire
[*]openSUSE: factory, 10.2
[*]T2 SDE: snapshot, 7.0-rc
[*]UHU-Linux: 2.0
[*]Yoper Linux: 3.0

Krusader 1.80.0 distribution news
************************************
Distrowatch.com reports already 11 distibutions that provide
Krusader-1.80.0 [15]! It's possible that some distro's are providing
Krusader 1.80.0-beta2, though it will be updated soon we guess.
Two new distributions have included Krusader: Càtix [16] and sidux
[17] , Thanks!

15. http://distrowatch.com/search.php?pkg=krusader&pkgver=1.80.0
16. http://distrowatch.com/catix
17. http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=sidux

[*]ALT Linux: Sisyphus
[*]Arch Linux: current
[*]Ark Linux: dockyard
[*] NEW: Càtix
[*]Debian GNU/Linux: unstable
[*]Fedora Project: rawhide
[*]Gentoo Linux: unstable
[*]Lunar Linux: moonbase
[*]Mandriva Linux
[*] NEW: sidux
[*]Source Mage GNU/Linux: grimoire

Help and feedback
********************
Here you get a chance to contribute to the Krusader project. Some
things need to be done, but can't be done by us. Help, feedback, and
contributions are always welcome. If you feel you can help, please
follow this link [18]. Thank you! If you have a topic for Krusader
news, please contact Frank. Your feedback on this newsletter and
future newsletters will be appreciated.

18. http://krusader.sourceforge.net/help.php

Thanks for reading. If you have any ideas to improve

Krusader, feel free to let us know. We do it all, for you....

Kind regards,

Krusader Krew