Re: Changes to Phabricator review subscriptions

Nikita Melnichenko

May 13, 2018, 3:11:44 AM5/13/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
Hi Krew,

Do you understand what we need to do now in our case? Add this list
instead of the project? Does it really solve the email volume problem?
Let's discuss and define the way it works for us in case a review
doesn't require any specific dev to look at it.

Thanks,
Nikita.

Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> To improve the user experience around email and in-application
> notifications from Phabricator, sysadmin have made some changes to the
> configuration of our Herald rules.
>
> Going forward, instead of subscribing projects to reviews, we will
> only be subscribing mailing lists now. For those reviews which have
> already been created, they will be updated to reflect the new practice
> the next time they are changed.
>
> This means that individual project members will no longer receive
> notifications and emails for every single review or task change that
> affects their project. Instead, they will only receive notifications
> and emails for reviews they have been individually subscribed to.
>
> To help this change take full effect, it would be appreciated if
> people refrain from adding Projects as reviewers, as that will have
> the effect of subscribing the Project to the review as well
> (Phabricator does not require you specify a reviewer)
>
> Should anyone have any questions regarding this, please open a thread
> on the kde-...@kde.org mailing list.
>
> Regards,
> Ben Cooksley
> KDE Sysadmin

Toni Asensi Esteve

May 14, 2018, 2:11:58 PM5/14/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
> Hi Krew,
>
> Do you understand what we need to do now in our case? Add this list
> instead of the project? Does it really solve the email volume problem?
> Let's discuss and define the way it works for us in case a review
> doesn't require any specific dev to look at it.
>
> Thanks,
> Nikita.

I would follow, more or less, the same procedure that we actually use, and
utilize the "project", as there isn't a huge quantity of Krusader developers.

Thanks!
Toni

Yuri Chornoivan

May 14, 2018, 2:22:30 PM5/14/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
+1 as it works well for other similar projects.

Reviews -> Project
Bugs -> This list

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,
Yuri

Nikita Melnichenko

May 15, 2018, 12:01:38 AM5/15/18
to krusade...@googlegroups.com
+1

For bugs we now use krusader-bugs-null account and you can subscribe in bugzilla if needed.

Nikita.

Martin Kotelnik

May 16, 2018, 3:42:54 PM5/16/18
to krusader-devel
Hí!

Actually I'm not sure I understand the change correctly. Maybe in big projects there can be groups of developers with specific interests (e.g. GUI group, logic group, documentation group, etc.). So I think this was the motivation behind the decision.

In our case we probably want to assign most of our reviews to krusader-devel instead of Krusader project, like You are proposing.

Martin

Martin Kotelnik

May 16, 2018, 3:44:53 PM5/16/18
to krusader-devel
Sorry, I was reading the post in reverse order :D. This was already decided, so please do not take my previous message seriously :).