[Work] Kraków / London - JustGo Music - Back end engineer - 125-160k pln/year

Jarek

Dec 8, 2012, 2:47:40 PM12/8/12
to krak...@googlegroups.com
What is JustGo Music?

Our mission is to bring fans and artists together around their passion for electronic dance music. We serve as a one-stop destination for fans where they can connect with their favourite DJs, access and share content with the community including music, podcasts, radio, video, events, news and more. We bring together the largest collection of electronic dance music content to be found online.

Who are we?
We are fans first and foremost but as a team bring together significant professional experience. Our team previously had careers with Warner Music, Myspace, Beatport, Time out, Vodafone, Virgin, AOL, BBC and David Guetta management. We have a world-class technical team led by the former Technical Director of Timeout.com and our platform uses the most sophisticated web technology available in order to provide a seamless cross-platform user experience. As a team, we have a deep and unique understanding of the electronic music industry (record, live and digital), as well as the challenges and opportunities presented by advances in Internet technology. We are headquartered in Shoreditch, London along with offices in Los Angeles and Kraków

About you
    Primarily the work will be Ruby on Rails, but experience in other languages may be needed on occasion such as Node.js.

Essential
    4+ years of Rails experience or 1-2 years of Rails and 2-3+ years of experience in web development (PHP, Python)
    Solid understanding of OO design and best practice
    TDD/BDD experience preferably using Rspec & Cucumber
    Working in an Agile team
    English language

Preferred
    Extensive programming experience with both Ruby and other languages
    JS/Coffeescript
    Building secure APIs
    Some front end skills [HTML5/CSS]
    Linux system administration
    Any devops experience (automated deployment, Chef, Puppet etc)
    Cassandra, Redis or other NoSQL solution
    Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team

Salary
PLN 125 000 - 160 000 a year, depending on experience

Please email us your CV if you are interested: jo...@justgomusic.com