On the security of REDOG

Alex Pellegrini

Nov 21, 2023, 4:19:06 AM11/21/23
to KpqC-bulletin
Dear All,

We thought we'd let you know that we uploaded the full version of our analysis
of REDOG on eprint: https://eprint.iacr.org/2023/1205.

The paper contains new estimates, based on the most recent approaches to the
rank decoding problem. In particular, [BBB+23] showed that some estimates from
[BBC+20] were too optimistic for the attacker. This results in much higher
security estimates for the same parameters for the fixed scheme, both for the
fix by the authors and by us.

A conference version of the paper will appear in the proceedings of ICISC 2023.

Best regards,
Alex with Alberto and Tanja