AIMer version update v2.1

Jihoon Kwon

Jun 27, 2024, 1:03:02 AMJun 27
to KpqC-bulletin
Dear all,

We would like to announce AIMer version update v2.1.
The updates are as follows:
Implementation Updates
- updated our implementations to be more friendly to PQClean project and run all tests of PQClean test framework.
- merged Reference C and Optimized C version of the v2.0 implementation to Reference C in the v2.1 implementation.
- renamed (additional) AVX2 implementation to Optimized implementation.
- added mem_opt C implementation targeting on memory-constrained devices.
- added aarch64_shake_opt implementation which utilizes ARM Advanced SIMD instructions on SHAKE.
- aarch64 and aarch64_shake_opt implementations can be compiled for ARM-based Apple SoCs (Apple M series).

Software Patches for TIMECOP
- Since the variables of patch-1-reveal, patch-7-commits, and patch-8-alpha were public data, we have utilized crypto_declassify function.
- patch-2-poly64: added recommended poly64_mul as poly64_mul_s, and applied it to arithmetic related to secret data.
- patch-3-htole: replaced htole64() and ltohe64() with recommended byte computations, and removed the portable_endian.h file.
- patch-4-loadstore: replaced _load_ and _store_ with _loadu_ and _storeu_ in the AVX2 implementation.
- patch-5-square: modified all implementations to use recommended code for square arithmetic in the Reference and mem_opt implementations.
- patch-6-selfaddmask: removed the selfaddmask function from all implementations.
- patch-9-initialize: added the recommended initialization process to the AVX2 implementation.
- Lastly, we have included TIMECOP results for all TIMECOP-supported implementations.

The updated implementations are available on https://github.com/samsungsds-research-papers/AIMer

Best regards,
Jihoon Kwon.

Jihoon Kwon

Jul 12, 2024, 4:27:46 AM (5 days ago) Jul 12
to KpqC-bulletin
Dear all,

The AIMer specification v2.1 is now available on our website: https://aimer-signature.org/docs/AIMer-specification-v2.1.pdf
This document contains the following performance summary of AIMer v2.1 measured on Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.6 GHz.
perf.JPG
Additionally, all versions of AIMer are uploaded on https://github.com/samsungsds-research-papers/AIMer

Best regards,
Jihoon Kwon.
2024년 6월 27일 목요일 오후 2시 3분 2초 UTC+9에 Jihoon Kwon님이 작성: