New install

vk2gel

Apr 28, 2021, 3:37:53 AM4/28/21
to kplex
Hi all, I have upgraded to a Pi4 with PiAware 5.0.

Could someone please advise the command lines required to install and configure kplex?

I have read every page at Stripydog.

Any help appreciated thanks.

G.

Keith Young

Apr 28, 2021, 8:43:34 AM4/28/21
to kplex
Could someone please advise the command lines required to install and configure kplex?

I'm not familiar with piaware but a quick google suggests it's based on raspbian so you'd want to do something like this:
 cd /tmp
sudo dpkg -i kplex_1.4-1_armhf.deb
sudo wget -O /lib/systemd/system/kplex.service http://www.stripydog.com/download/kplex.service

Then you'd want to configure it by editing /etc/kplex.conf but to help with that I'd need to know what you want to multiplex to what.

*After* it's configured you can make sure it'll start on boot:
sudo systemctl enable kplex
...and then start it up...
sudo systemctl start kplex

vk2gel

Apr 29, 2021, 11:06:45 PM4/29/21
to kplex
All working thanks Keith. Looking forward to v1.5.   G

vk2gel

Oct 9, 2021, 12:50:23 AM10/9/21
to kplex
Hi Keith, I would like kplex to start on boot. Can I run sudo systemctl enable kplex whilst kplex is running, or should I sudo systemctl stop kplex first please?

Regards, Grant.

Keith Young

Oct 19, 2021, 7:17:37 AM10/19/21
to kplex
Apologies for the delay in replying.

Yes no problem with systemctl enable while kplex is running.  enable will only enable kplex for start at next boot, not start it so you should be fine