setting up kP for Icecast

Twan

Jun 23, 2013, 2:07:55 PM6/23/13
to kpla...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I would like to send a stream from Nicecast (audio-broadcasting tool for live streaming radio, similar as Icecast) to my server with kPlaylist installed. One of the mentioned features of kP is the Icecast integration. I've searched everywhere, but couldn't find information how to set it up so that kP acts as a radio station.

Hopefully someone here could me some pointers on how to set it up?
Thanks in advance!

aba

Jun 23, 2013, 3:07:48 PM6/23/13
to kpla...@googlegroups.com

Twan

Jun 24, 2013, 3:31:34 AM6/24/13
to kpla...@googlegroups.com
Yup, found that one and I've turned the radio-tab on but I had no luck so far. Maybe I am overlooking something but as far as I can tell it will only connect to a playlist of pre-sorted mp3's. I would like to feed it with a live-audio stream. To be more specific: I would like to play music with instruments, feed it through my soundcard, send it with Nicecast to the remote server (which runs kPlaylist) and from there spread it into the world. Or to put it simple.. make a live streaming broadcast.
I could just send the stream into the world directly from my home-computer, no problem. The reason I would like to do it this way is to let my server handle the heavy datatraffic and keep my home internetconnection free for other purposes. And a bit of security, the connection to the world would be at the server side, not directly pinpointed to my home computer. Hope this clarifies?
Hopefully anyone knows if kPlaylist can handle this?

Tuomo Hiltunen

Feb 17, 2015, 3:09:17 AM2/17/15
to kpla...@googlegroups.com
This is an old post but I have exactly similar problem. Where I can setup Icecast? I can only play mp3´s which are in server and playlists.

tiaic77

Jan 27, 2016, 12:06:39 AM1/27/16
to kPlaylist
This link http://www.kplaylist.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1730 is not valid anymore.  Did anyone figure out how the radio is setup?