Updating to PHP 7

Bart van Dijck

Jan 24, 2017, 5:01:52 AM1/24/17
to kPlaylist
Hi,

I'm using Kplaylist for a long time now on a Synology NAS. It's a perfect, light, way to play mp3s wherever I am.

I'm migrating to PHP 7 on my NAS. It is so much faster. But because of the move to mysqli (instead of the old mysql_) Kplaylist stopped working.

I've tried editing the script by replacing mysql tot mysqli everywhere, but the script refuses to connect.

That is about the extend of my programming capabilities. Can someone provide  a new version so it works with PHP 7?

That would be great!

Bart

Bart van Dijck

Sep 6, 2017, 10:05:08 AM9/6/17
to kPlaylist
I finally solved this by using this class from PHPClasses (registration required)
https://www.phpclasses.org/package/9199-PHP-Replace-mysql-functions-using-the-mysqli-extension.html

Not the nicest way but it works. Noticeable improvement in performance.

Fred McMurray

Dec 26, 2017, 9:06:43 PM12/26/17
to kPlaylist
Hi Bart. I just attempted to install kplaylst on a Namecheap host with PHP 7.0 I get an error 500 which namecheap support politely explained to me they wont support third party software. Do you have instructions of what you modified to make everything work? Thanks

dysproseum

Jan 30, 2018, 11:43:23 PM1/30/18
to kPlaylist
This is my version on github that has been updated to run on PHP 7: https://github.com/dysproseum/kplaylist-php7

Bart van Dijck

Sep 6, 2018, 5:19:58 AM9/6/18
to kPlaylist
@dysproseum: superjob! works like a charm.

Manfred Jaser

Dec 27, 2020, 9:05:41 AM12/27/20
to kPlaylist
hello,  I also use a synology 1920+ and wanted to update my old installation. Of course, I got errors with no connect or couldn't log in with the version of Git. Maybe there is the possibility to support me here. I will also be happy to show gratitude for your valuable time. I'm not very familiar with PHP here and I would urgently need help. I have a music collection with around 950,000 mp3s. You are welcome to take a look at it and I would be happy to hear from you. Sincerely
gast  - user
gast - Passwort

bart.v...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2020, 2:22:44 PM12/27/20
to kPlaylist
Hi,

Replace the current script you are using with the one from here:

Edit the script with the correct settings for user / password etc.

I use Mariadb10 on my Synology and that uses port 3307 instead of 3306, so I use:
'host' => '127.0.0.1:3307', # MySql server

Use the Web Station settings on your Synology to set the version to PHP 7.4 (install the package first and make a profile for it within Webstation).

Op zondag 27 december 2020 om 15:05:41 UTC+1 schreef jaser...@gmail.com:
Message has been deleted