JW Player 6 HTML5 support

Maui Threv

Mar 13, 2013, 8:53:32 PM3/13/13
to kpla...@googlegroups.com
First, I *love* kplaylist.  Thanks for keeping this alive!

JW Player is awesome, but the included version doesn't work on the iPhone.  Version 6 of JW Player has HTML5 support.

What would it take to integrate that in kplaylist?  I tried setting the 'swf' and 'js' values in $cfg['jw_urls'] within kpconfig.php to the locations where I downloaded JW Player, but I got the default "Install Flash Player" message when the box appeared.  I might be doing something wrong, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

Thanks,
Threv

aba

Mar 14, 2013, 9:15:05 AM3/14/13
to kpla...@googlegroups.com
Hey

Support for JW 6 will be released soon. PS, the interface to JW 6 is so differen't than before that there isn't a quick fix. (Changing URL)

Maui Threv

Mar 14, 2013, 12:40:44 PM3/14/13
to kpla...@googlegroups.com
Good to know.  Thanks for the quick reply!

Thanks again for the continued development of kPlaylist.

Best,
Threv

aba

Mar 14, 2013, 9:54:38 PM3/14/13
to kpla...@googlegroups.com
Hey

Build 510 was just relased, it contains support for jw 6. If you download the bundle, the media player will be included. Just remember
to select 'jw6' in the dropdown under options before trying to play.

Maui Threv

Mar 15, 2013, 11:38:38 AM3/15/13
to kpla...@googlegroups.com
you are a god

Maui Threv

Mar 19, 2013, 11:16:24 AM3/19/13
to kpla...@googlegroups.com
It sure does work on my iPhone.  THANK YOU.

tiaic77

Nov 24, 2015, 1:10:17 PM11/24/15
to kPlaylist
Hello Aba, thanks so much for everything you do.  Can we make JPlayer supported by kplaylist?  I saw some examples and looks like JPlayer is much better than JWPlayer and its open source.  Your comment would be very much appreciated.