ices0 v0.4.6 enhanced broadcasting client for kPlaylist

Matthias Hormann

Jul 30, 2019, 6:59:34 PM7/30/19
to kPlaylist
Hi there.

I finally got some time to release v0.4.6 of ices0, a greatly enhanced fork of the original ices 0.4, and the ideal kPlaylist companion if you plan to use the "radio" (broadcasting) feature.

This version has many, many bugfixes and full UTF-8 and ReplayGain support. It can also transcode FLAC/OGG/MP4 and MP3 files.

This version has been in use for several months now, streaming from home to my Icecast server via kPlaylist various mixed playlists of FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MP3 (ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4) and MP4 (AAC audio) files at 256 kbit/s. Rock solid.

You’ll need Linux and a working build environment, but it’s worth the effort, I promise. :-)