Welcome fellow Planeswalkers.

Noah B.

Nov 16, 2010, 12:04:42 AM11/16/10
to Knoxville Planeswalkers Guild
You have been invited or accepted to the Knoxville Planeswalkers
Guild. This is my personal project to collect all of my fellow
Planeswalkers into a central location, so that we can apply our
knowledge and build our ties when it comes to the game of Magic: the
Gathering.

My first contribution to this group would be the recommendation of
creating an account at http://deckbox.org and joining our community at
the following link.

http://deckbox.org/communities/knoxville_planeswalkers_guild

Deckbox is an cloud-based inventory management system, deck building
and analysis tool, wishlist tracker, and trading hub.

For online play, exempting anyone who also maintains a Magic: the
Gathering Online collection, I recommend Magic Workstation <http://
www.magicworkstation.com/>. While not free, they do offer 2 licence
deals if anyone cares to partner with anyone else for a purchase, or
there is the Trialpay route that I took, where you signup for a third
party or product and they in turn pay for your licence for the
software. Allegedly some of those options are even free, but I
personally went with the Gamefly offer, which despite the ridiculously
long mailing time even though the closest Gamefly warehouse is in
Florida, I am enjoying.

Also, I'll be creating custom Planeswalkers card for our members, just
for fun. The tool I've been using for this is Magic Set Editor
<magicseteditor.sourceforge.net>, if you want to create your own, of
if you're interested in becoming a developer for WotC, as they
occasionally do searches for additions to there R&D team. So mail or
post to me your stats if you don't feel like creating one yourself.
The formula for mana cost I've been using has been age/10, rounded up
to tenths for colorless and rounded down for color cost. IE, I'm 25
(26?) so I'm 3GW. Your colors can be whatever you enjoy playing the
most, or just happen to enjoy playing now. You can use hybrid mana if
you wish, in any combination.

That's all for this post. I look forward to the growth of our
community.