Magic Online vs. Magic: Or how I learned to enjoy the online secondary card market.

Noah B.

Dec 26, 2010, 8:59:18 PM12/26/10
to kp...@googlegroups.com
Unable to wait for the new MTGO client to finish development and be released, I signed up for a new account. Following advice from a website, I sold my M11 booster pack to a trader bot for 3 tickets and some credit for cards. Tickets are use for tournement fees and used as tradable currency, purchased for $1 per ticket. The great thing about this is that while WotC treats the online market the same as the offline market, selling boosters for $3.99, the MSRP, the players don't exactly. The online secondary card market is quite inexpensive, with cards (even rares) largely sold in bulk, and a lot of automation is afforded by bots, allowing the process to be very painless. Instead of playing an MMO, 15$ can afford me a lot of specific cards, without the randomness of a booster, or I can elect to do a draft. I think there is a lot of value to playing both online and offline Magic, it just depends on how you play.