PermaCommons Workshop Sat. 2/11 @ 2pm

Laura Odell

Feb 7, 2023, 2:25:58 PM2/7/23
to DSC Everyone, Joanne Abbate, Karlin, Madison Lea, Barbara Hart—PermaCommons Member, Holly... PermaCommons, Melinda Black, CCO Earth, Redford, Hannah E, Stephanie Lambert, Anna—2/13/50 McCoy, Terry Loecke, Thaddeous Love, laurie_...@hotmail.com, shea armstrong, ubayr...@douglascountyks.org, kpc-dev, East Lawrence Neighborhood Association, east-lawren...@googlegroups.com, Ryan Domnick, Bethany Roberts, Robin Goff, Sunrise
Howdy Everyone!

I will be teaching a Dormant Fruit Tree & Shrub Pruning Workshop this weekend on Saturday the 11th, starting at 2 pm.
I expect it to go 1.5-2 hours depending on how many people show up.
The workshop will be held at PermaCommons Community Garden, 1304 Pennsylvania Street, Lawrence, KS 66044.
PermaCommons is an amazing permaculture-based, food forest and outdoor classroom!
We have almost every variety of perennial fruit-producing species that can grow in Kansas in one small 1/4 acre lot!

I will start with a quick introduction and orientation of the garden.
We will go over:
  • Basics of dormant pruning
  • How to prune several different varieties of fruit tree & shrub,
  • Best tools for the job
  • Tool care
  • Time for demonstration and practice pruning yourself!
I will also provide an info-packed sheet with vocabulary terms, recommended reading, and the best tools for your own pruning kits.

Existing and former PermaCommons Members are free!
If you're interested in becoming a Member for 2023, please see the attached PDF's for the application and guidelines.
I will also have a few printed out on the day of the workshop.
Otherwise, donations in the 20-30$ range are greatly appreciated and will help ensure that I can continue doing this work.

***Please bring your own gloves, and I strongly encourage safety glasses!
If you have your own sharp & clean bypass pruning shears, hand saws, or loppers, please bring them.

This is a mass email, so please send any questions directly to me, and I'll hope to see y'all there!

Thank you,
Laura Odell

Coordinator
PermaCommons Community Garden
1304 Pennsylvania St
Lawrence, KS 66044

"Gardens are not made by singing, 'Oh, how beautiful', and sitting in the shade."--Rudyard Kipling
PermaCommons application 2022.pdf
PermaCommons Garden Rules & Guidelines.pdf