MODC Tree Seedling Oriders

Bill Price

Aug 19, 2022, 11:00:17 AM8/19/22
to KPI Discussion List
Good Morning

I hope you are getting some of this gentle rain this morning.

I just received my postcard from the Mo Dept of Conservation. Tree seedling sales begin on Sep 1. You might want to go visit the site to see what they normally have to offer so you are ready to make your order. It has been my experience that most of the seedlings I want are gone by the end of the first week.

I will not be organizing a group order this year. Last year there was not any interest. Unless there are a half dozen or more involved in the ordering it doesn't really make sense to try to organize. I do hope you plant a couple trees, either this fall of next spring. The climate will thank you for it and so will I.

--
Bill
Greenman Farm

A very great vision is needed and the man who has it must follow it as the eagle seeks the deepest blue of the sky. Crazy Horse

Carol Barta

Aug 19, 2022, 11:38:05 AM8/19/22
to b.p.gree...@gmail.com, KPI Discussion List
I will be ordering persimmons from the Kansas Forest Service here in MHK. I probable don’t need all 25. I can share. $3 each.

“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”

― Arundhati Roy

On Aug 19, 2022, at 10:00 AM, Bill Price <b.p.gree...@gmail.com> wrote:

~
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/kpc-dev?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "KPI Discussion List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kpc-dev/CAP3688%2BEV3PZJOLDEJg_FRYo3NOptXrwcJN17OwHU8wWS0Fc%3DA%40mail.gmail.com.

Stephanie Lambert

Aug 19, 2022, 12:02:19 PM8/19/22
to snows...@hotmail.com, b.p.gree...@gmail.com, KPI Discussion List
I would be interested in 4 more persimmons if you have enough, Carol.

Jeremy Cowan

Aug 19, 2022, 3:23:53 PM8/19/22
to sjla...@gmail.com, snows...@hotmail.com, b.p.gree...@gmail.com, KPI Discussion List

@Carol and @Steph, I don’t know how many we have alive at this point, but I should have up to 20 persimmons healed in a nursery bed here at the student farm that could save you the trouble of offloading extra trees??? I can get a count if you’d like to look at that, and I think Carol’s price would be fine…

Jeremy

Jeremy S. Cowan, Ph.D.

Asst. Professor, Sustainable Food Production Systems

Department of Horticulture and Natural Resources

Kansas State University

2021 Throckmorton P.S.C. (mail)

3737 Throckmorton P.S.C. (physical)

1712 Claflin Rd, Manhattan, KS 66506

785.532.1414 (o) 785.532.6949 (f)

jsc...@ksu.edu

From: kpc...@googlegroups.com <kpc...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Stephanie Lambert <sjla...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, August 19, 2022 at 11:02 AM
To: snows...@hotmail.com <snows...@hotmail.com>
Cc: b.p.gree...@gmail.com <b.p.gree...@gmail.com>, KPI Discussion List <kpc...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [KPC-Dev] MODC Tree Seedling Oriders

This email originated from outside of K-State.

Michael Almon

Aug 19, 2022, 3:23:53 PM8/19/22
to kpc...@googlegroups.com
You may be aware that persimmon makes a grove from root shoots.  So over time, you will have more than one tree, if you don't grub them our yearly - sometimes a nice dilemma!

Michael

Stephanie Lambert

Aug 19, 2022, 3:25:54 PM8/19/22
to Jeremy Cowan, snows...@hotmail.com, b.p.gree...@gmail.com, KPI Discussion List
Thanks, Jeremy. I would definitely take you up on that offer. Just let me know.

Jeremy Cowan

Aug 19, 2022, 3:29:35 PM8/19/22
to Stephanie Lambert, snows...@hotmail.com, b.p.gree...@gmail.com, KPI Discussion List

And, for the record. I picked these up from Nebraska’s Big Blue District (Conservation District) office this spring. Meaning, they came out of NE’s state forestry program…I will get back to you with counts once I figure out which row we put them in. They were put in with some buffaloberry and golden currant starts we picked up at the same time – I don’t know that I will have any extra shrubs though, they’re for our food forest plots.

Carol Barta

Aug 23, 2022, 12:43:36 PM8/23/22
to Stephanie Lambert, Jeremy Cowan, b.p.gree...@gmail.com, KPI Discussion List
I would love at least 2 or 3 if you have them.

Carol Barta, Manhattan, KS

It is a serious thing
Just to be alive
On this fresh morning