Beekeeper wanted

KPI Board

Mar 11, 2024, 6:03:36 PMMar 11
to KPI Discussion List
Please see the following message from a community member, Rick, in the Manhattan area, close to Pottawatomie State Lake #2, between Manhattan, Wamego, and Westmoreland.
https://www.fromthelandofkansas.com/member/green-valley-honey

 "I am a beekeeper with 50 to 70 beehives depending on the year and conditions. I am 80 years old and I am looking for someone to take over my beekeeping business.
I plan on spending 2 summers with hands on training. I will furnish all tools and knowledge. I will give the trainee 2 beehives they can call their own, $1,000.00 value. At the end of the 2 summers of training, I will turn the operation over to them and all they have to do is supply me with 50% of the honey crop for a maximum of 3 years then the business is all theirs. I value this at approximately $20,000.00. Their only expense would be a bee suit and gloves. about $150.00 They would also need transportation and would have some gas expense.
If you know of someone have them contact me. 785-410-1728."