Seeking Allegheny service berry

s a

Mar 29, 2024, 10:26:03 AMMar 29
to KPC
Hey y’all Skyler Adamson here in Lawrence Kansas. I’ve been looking for Allegheny serviceberry a.k.a., Amelanchier laevis .
I am looking for a single stemmed, tree-form plant that makes excellent fruit. I’ve been able to find nurseries that sell this plant as a very small seedling, and in fact I have some small trees in my nursery, but I’m looking for a plant with a strong root system, and 4 to 5 feet of growth. Please, if you know of any sources for purchasing, or if you happen to have a lot of experience with the genus, share your knowledge.
Sent from my iPhone

Michael Almon

Mar 29, 2024, 10:59:35 AMMar 29
to tree...@yahoo.com, KPC
Skyler, have you asked Tyler Fike, Lawrence Forestry Manager?  He's
ordering some Serviceberry for the Brook Creek Park.  They're a
multi-stemmed variety "Shadblow" which is not what you want, but he
might know of other varieties.  He's at (785)832-7970.

Michael Almon

s a

Mar 29, 2024, 11:05:50 AMMar 29
to Michael Almon, KPC
Thanks for the tip, but I’ve already checked that out… Tyler is ordering very small trees that are gonna be sized up in a gravel bed for a year.
Sent from my iPhone