Versioning

Mike Orr

Sep 5, 2016, 7:19:56 PM9/5/16
to Kotti mailing list
Hello, Kotti list. Periodically I ask about versioning. Does Kotti
have it yet. Or at least one draft version while the previous version
is still published? If not, how do you handle updates that may be in
flux for several days and hot publishable until it's finished? Do you
copy it to a new URL for editing and then move it into place when it's
finished?

--
Mike Orr <slugg...@gmail.com>

Andreas Kaiser

Sep 6, 2016, 4:08:36 AM9/6/16
to Kotti mailing list
On 6 Sep 2016, at 1:19, Mike Orr wrote:

> Periodically I ask about versioning. Does Kotti have it yet.

Still no generic solution yet. I used
http://postgresql-audit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ in a project, but to
keep track of changes, not for content staging.

> Or at least one draft version while the previous version is still
> published? If not, how do you handle updates that may be in flux for
> several days and hot publishable until it's finished? Do you copy it
> to a new URL for editing and then move it into place when it's
> finished?

Yes, that's exactly how I do it, when I need it (which is just
occasionally, so I didn't have the urgent need for a generic solution
yet): Copy and paste the node, keep the copy in private state until it's
to be published, then delete the original, rename the copy and set the
state to published.

Andreas