[Korreio] partitions in IMAP config?

zioapollonio

Apr 23, 2010, 4:51:10 AM4/23/10
to korreio
Hi,
what does it mean 'partition' in IMAP config?
How can I set more than one partition (as configured in imapd.conf)?

Very good this project!
Regard
m.

--
Você está recebendo esta mensagem porque se inscreveu no grupo "korreio" dos Grupos do Google.
Para postar neste grupo, envie um e-mail para kor...@googlegroups.com.

Reinaldo de Carvalho

Apr 23, 2010, 7:39:10 AM4/23/10
to kor...@googlegroups.com
2010/4/23 zioapollonio <m.fa...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,

Hi, welcome.

> what does it mean 'partition' in IMAP config?
> How can I set more than one partition (as configured in imapd.conf)?

Cyrus may store mailbox on many directories. Each directory is called
"imap partition". To create a new imap partition, create a directory
like /disk2 (mkdir /disk2) and change the owner to 'cyrus' user (chown
cyrus: /disk2), then add to imapd.conf:

partition-name: /disk2

Now you can move mailboxes in real-time between "default" partition
and "name" partition. You may add many imap partitions.

> Very good this project!

=D

--
Reinaldo de Carvalho
http://korreio.sf.net

"Don't try to adapt the software to the way you work, but rather
yourself to the way the software works" (myself)

zioapollonio

Apr 26, 2010, 8:34:48 AM4/26/10
to korreio
On 23 Apr, 13:39, Reinaldo de Carvalho <reinal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/4/23 zioapollonio :
>
> > Hi,
>
> Hi, welcome.

Thank you very much

> > what does it mean 'partition' in IMAP config?
> > How can I set more than one partition (as configured in imapd.conf)?
>
> Cyrus may store mailbox on many directories. Each directory is called
[...]

Thank you, I know how to configure partitions in Cyrus.
I'm sorry, I would only ask what is the mean/use of the parameter
named 'Partition' in korreio 'Configuration/Server/IMAP'.

Regards

--
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "korreio" group.
To post, send email to kor...@googlegroups.com

Reinaldo de Carvalho

Apr 26, 2010, 8:39:43 AM4/26/10
to kor...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 9:34 AM, zioapollonio <m.fa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you, I know how to configure partitions in Cyrus.
> I'm sorry, I would only ask what is the mean/use of the parameter
> named 'Partition' in korreio 'Configuration/Server/IMAP'.

This option is used to create new mailbox in non default partition.
Leave blank to create new mailboxes on default partition.

Regards