1-Day Workshop: Every Day Korean for Beginners/Novice

17 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Korean Language & Culture

ungelesen,
17.05.2011, 17:17:5817.05.11
an Miyoki Kristy, agusti...@sbcglobal.net, Andrew, angela...@hotmail.com, BrandEn Stoltz, Chris.Mase...@marshall.usc.edu, Corean L&C So Cal @ Google, eun8...@hotmail.com, Jennie Tran, jma...@yahoo.com, john...@gmail.com, joset...@hotmail.com, Justin Morris, ksh...@hotmail.com, lewis...@hotmail.com, msjol...@yahoo.com, mula...@gmail.com, playor...@gmail.com, plea...@msn.com, r...@johndkim.net, Robert...@gmail.com, shar...@hotmail.com, soh...@gmail.com, theat...@hanmail.net

Hi KoreanLA'ers!

This may be a late notice, but I hope you will be able to join free classes this weekend.

If this announcement does not apply to you, please pass it on to your friends! They may have been secretly looking for something like this! :)

It's been a while since we offered Korean classes and workshops. Your KoreanLA staff is gearing up to resume fun and useful classes and workshops. I hope you feel as excited about it as we are!

GET READY FOR LANGUAGE EXCHANGE: the classes and workshops will help you be ready for upcoming language exchanges. While it is not mandated to take classes to attend language exchange, we strongly recommend that you do. Your language exchange will be more fun and productive when you know what you want to practice.

Let's learn and grow!

Zeanie Yoon

www.KoreanLA.org

***** ABOUT US *****

The Korean Language and Culture Club - Los Angeles ("The KoreanLA") is a friendly group of people, organized around our interest in the Korean language and culture. We are a diverse group with diverse interests and represent all levels of speaking, reading, and writing Korean language.

In order to promote learning of the language and culture, we organize various events to meet and practice speaking Korean, participate, attend cultural events such as Korean festivals and museums, try different Korean venues such as restaurants, entertainments places, and even throw our own fun parties!

***** CLASS DETAILS *****

This may be a long notification, but it will give you all the information you need! :)

If you attended meetings in the past, please come and practice your Korean. If you are new, don't hesitate to come; this class is for you! Just be ready to take in a lot of useful information.

---------------

WHAT: 1-Day Workshop: Every Day Korean for Beginners/Novice

The workshop is composed of two 40-minute sessions with 15 minute break and will start punctually.

---------------

WHEN

Saturday, May 21, 2011

2:00 PM

Please arrive 10 minutes early to sign in.

---------------

WHERE

Koreatown, Los Angeles, California, USA

Please RSVP and the exact address will be e-mailed to you.

---------------

LEVEL/PROFICIENCY

Beginners and Low Novice. You should come if you

+ are an absolute beginner

+ not an 'absolute' beginner but still a beginner or novice

+ need to brush up your beginners and novice skill

+ don’t know where to begin

+ can exchange some basic greetings or even conversation, but cannot start your own conversation and maintain it

For more information about Levels and Description of the classes, read

"Class Levels and Description" by clicking following link:

http://www.meetup.com/KoreanLA/pages/Class_Levels_and_Description

---------------

PRE-REQUISITE:

You will find it easier if you know a little bit about Hangul. If you don't, be ready for the class that will move really fast. You will do just fine!

---------------

WHAT WE WILL GO OVER:

We will write, hear and speak Korean as much as we can. So bring your pencil and a notebook!

+ Korean writing system (Hangul)

+ Pronunciation drills

+ Basic grammar

+ Basic daily expressions

+ Common restaurant expressions

---------------

STUDY MATERIALS:

(1) Hangeul: You do not have to have mastered Hangul in order to attend this workshop. But knowing a little bit about it will help you keep up with the class. Download "Hangeul Matrix" here: http://files.meetup.com/217092/HangeulPractice.pdf. Acrobat Reader is required to view this file.

We will not spend much time to "learn" Hangeul, but we will skim through it. If we can get enough people, I will also hold Hangul Crash Class right before this class. Please see the calendar.

(2) All study materials will be provided in the classroom. If you must preview what we'll be doing in the class, here's a taste of it: Essential expressions - http://files.meetup.com/217092/Essential%20Expressions%20-%20Very%20First%20Few.pdf

---------------

RSVP required by May 21, 10:00 AM.

Please email following information to KoreanLangua...@gmail.com:

+ In subject line, write "RSVP for (Class date, time, location & title)"

+ Your full name(s) (up to 1 guest)

+ Emergency phone number to which I can call and text.

+ Group name and your ID if you are a member of one of the groups on line

If you RSVPed via Facebook or Meetup.com, you do not need to RSVP. If you're RSVP’ing via email just to make sure your seat(s) is/are secured, please let me know of your name or ID so that I won’t count you twice. Thank you.

---------------

RSVP & NO-SHOW POLICY:

Avoid future penalties. Read: http://www.meetup.com/KoreanLA/pages/RSVP_and_No-Show_Policy

---------------

COST

Free. No strings attached.

Please bring monies to buy a coffee or tea. We are meeting at the coffee house, and we want to make sure we're welcomed again next time. Thank you!

Suggested donation of $5 per class is optional. Your donation helps us defray the cost of organizing classes like this. You can make a donation on the event page where applicable. You can also PayPal the money to KoreanLangua...@gmail.com. Please note your member ID or name. But please, don't feel obligated!

Thank you in advance.

---------------

PARKING:

Valet parking ($1-3), street parking (residential) or metered parking (on 8th)

---------------

"AFTER"?

It's a Korean socio-cultural tradition that after the meet-up, we usually hang out for a cup of coffee or tea - or even dinner and Norebang. Koreans call it an "After." We will not be observing that tradition this time. However, please plan on staying a little longer after the class so that we can chat and get to know each other! :)

---------------

LAST MINUTE CHANGES

Class will not be cancelled unless there's unforeseeable situation. In 15+ years of doing this, I never cancelled events, so that says something! :)

If you have Twitter account, please follow @KoreanLA. I'll tweet updates, if any.

---------------

Questions or Suggestions?

KoreanLangua...@gmail.com.

Zeanie Yoon

Korean Language and Culture Club – Los Angeles

KoreanLA.org

---

ZeanieYoon.com

Voice +1 (818) 350-3656 | Text +1 (818) 585-4183

English (USA) <> Korean (S. Korea & USA)
- Translation, Writing, Subtitle, Marketing
- Classes, Workshops, Training
- Special Functions, Events

GLOBALIZE YOUR BUSINESS.
LOCALIZE YOUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.™
• since 1984

The information contained in this transmission is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten