This weekend: Annual Korean Festival in Los Angeles

1 view

Zeanie Yoon

Sep 10, 2009, 1:50:17 AM9/10/09
to Zeanie Yoon
Hi all!

This weekend the sizzle of Bulgogi and Galbi will fill the air, punctuated
by the sting of kimchi, as the Los Angeles Korean Festival gets underway
with more than 200 food booths, traditional Korean performances, an
international market fair and talent shows. Bring a Seoul-sized appetite and
order lots of extra banchan (side dishes).

The event begins today (Thursday Sept 10) and lasts until the end of
weekend. However *we* meet on Saturday, Sept 12. Let's get together at 12:00
noon to attend the traditional tea ceremony and then have lunch together.
Then we will walk around and then watch the parade at 3pm.

The event is hosted by Grace Lee – you may have met her already. :D Awesome
woman!

C-ya!
Zeanie Yoon, Organizer
www.KoreanLA.org

---------------
EVENT HOST / ORGANIZER
Grace Lee

---------------
WHEN
Saturday, August 9, 2009
12:00 PM until end of the day, or event a night

---------------
WHERE
Seoul International Park
3250 San Marino Street, Los Angeles, CA 90006

Near the corner of San Marino and S. Normandie
Map: http://www.lakoreanfestival.com/english/contents/festival_location.asp

---------------
HOW TO FIND US
We will meet at the corner of San Marino and S. Normandie. Look for the
KoreanLA sign."

---------------
COST
Admission is free.

---------------
WHAT ELSE TO BRING
+ Comfortable Shoes
+ Sunscreen
+ Cash - a lot of food vendors who do not accept credit cards or checks.

---------------
RSVP
No need to RSVP, but if you go, please let me know. It really helps me
organize future events when I know how many you actually go the events we
introduce.

---------------
PARKING
Street and valet parking.

---------------
QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS?

Festival Planning Committee: (213) 487-5234

Event Details are on the website
http://www.lakoreanfestival.com/english/

Festival Schedule
http://www.lakoreanfestival.com/english/contents/schedule.asp

REMINDER: RSVP/No-show policy
If your plan changes, update your RSVP at least 48 hours before the event
date (not event time). If you RSVP, please consider showing up! :) Flaky
members will marked down as no-show and may affect your membership status
adversely. Detailed RSVP & No Show Policy:
www.koreanla.org/pages/RSVP_and_No-Show_Policy