1-Day Workshop: Novice/Intermediate Korean

Korean Language & Culture

May 18, 2011, 7:11:41 PM5/18/11
to Korean Language & Culture

Hi KoreanLA'ers!

This may be a late notice, but I hope you will be able to join free classes this weekend. (I created an event, but for some reason, it didn't go through. I double my apologies.)

If this announcement does not apply to you, please pass it on to your friends! They may have been secretly looking for something like this! :)

It's been a while since we offered Korean classes and workshops. Your KoreanLA staff is gearing up to resume fun and useful classes and workshops. I hope you feel as excited about it as we are!

GET READY FOR LANGUAGE EXCHANGE: the classes and workshops will help you be ready for upcoming language exchanges. While it is not mandated to take classes to attend language exchange, we strongly recommend that you do. Your language exchange will be more fun and productive when you know what you want to practice.

Let's learn and grow!

Zeanie Yoon
www.KoreanLA.org

***** ABOUT US *****

The Korean Language and Culture Club - Los Angeles ("The KoreanLA") is a friendly group of people, organized around our interest in the Korean language and culture. We are a diverse group with diverse interests and represent all levels of speaking, reading, and writing Korean language.

In order to promote learning of the language and culture, we organize various events to meet and practice speaking Korean, participate, attend cultural events such as Korean festivals and museums, try different Korean venues such as restaurants, entertainments places, and even throw our own fun parties!

***** CLASS DETAILS *****

This may be a long notification, but it will give you all the information you need! :)

If you attended meetings in the past, please come and practice your Korean. If you are new, don't hesitate to come; this class is for you! Just be ready to take in a lot of useful information.

---------------
WHAT: 1-Day Workshop: Novice/Intermediate Korean

The workshop is composed of two 40-minute sessions with 15 minute break and will start punctually.

Saturday, May 21, 2011
4:00 PM
Please arrive 10 minutes early to sign in.

---------------
WHERE
Koreatown, Los Angeles, California, USA
Please RSVP and the exact address will be e-mailed to you.

---------------
LEVEL/PROFICIENCY
Upper Novice to Low/Mid Intermediate.

For more information about Levels and Description of the classes, read
"Class Levels and Description" by clicking following link:
http://www.meetup.com/KoreanLA/pages/Class_Levels_and_Description

---------------
WHAT WE WILL GO OVER:
+ We will learn and memorize the conversation as seen in the video clip.
+ Pronunciation and grammar drills as necessary
+ Discuss popular Korean expressions, idioms and cliche.

---------------
STUDY MATERIALS:

Please watch following video clips beforehand.

* I'm cutting the video and will post the link as soon as it is approved by YouTube. The video is from then-popular Korean drama, "Personal Preference (개인의 취향)."

---------------
RSVP required by May 21, 10:00 AM.
Please email following information to KoreanLangua...@gmail.com:
+ In subject line, write "RSVP for (Class date, time, location & title)"
+ Your full name(s) (up to 1 guest)
+ Emergency phone number to which I can call and text.
+ Group name and your ID if you are a member of one of the groups on line

If you RSVPed via Facebook or Meetup.com, you do not need to RSVP. If you're RSVP’ing via email just to make sure your seat(s) is/are secured, please let me know of your name or ID so that I won’t count you twice. Thank you.

---------------
RSVP & NO-SHOW POLICY:
Avoid future penalties. Read: http://www.meetup.com/KoreanLA/pages/RSVP_and_No-Show_Policy

---------------
COST

Free. No strings attached.

Please bring monies to buy a coffee or tea. We are meeting at the coffee house, and we want to make sure we're welcomed again next time. Thank you!

Suggested donation of $5 per class is optional. Your donation helps us defray the cost of organizing classes like this. You can make a donation on the event page where applicable. You can also PayPal the money to KoreanLangua...@gmail.com. Please note your member ID or name. But please, don't feel obligated!
Thank you in advance.

---------------
PARKING:

Valet parking ($1-3), street parking (residential) or metered parking (on 8th)

---------------
"AFTER"?

It's a Korean socio-cultural tradition that after the meet-up, we usually hang out for a cup of coffee or tea - or even dinner and Norebang. Koreans call it an "After." We will not be observing that tradition this time. However, please plan on staying a little longer after the class so that we can chat and get to know each other! :)

---------------
LAST MINUTE CHANGES

Class will not be cancelled unless there's unforeseeable situation. In 15+ years of doing this, I never cancelled events, so that says something! :)

If you have Twitter account, please follow @KoreanLA. I'll tweet updates, if any.

---------------
Questions or Suggestions?

KoreanLangua...@gmail.com.

Zeanie Yoon

Korean Language and Culture Club – Los Angeles

KoreanLA.org

Korean L&C Club

May 18, 2011, 8:29:08 PM5/18/11
to koreanlangua...@googlegroups.com
UPDATE:

Video clips for the class has been posted: http://youtu.be/biu5WwUpnWE

Please read the description and watch the video in advance. Thank you!