[Konveyor] Migrate and Modernize your Application Portfolio to Kubernetes with Tackle

1 view

Jonathan Recinos

Jul 28, 2021, 1:17:34 PM7/28/21
to konve...@googlegroups.com, openshift-sme, rhos-tech, sme-amm
Hi,

Here’s the recording and slides for the Migrate and Modernize your Application Portfolio to Kubernetes with Tackle meetup.

Ramon Roman Nissen, Senior Product Manager at Red Hat, gave us a look into how organizations can succeed in the daunting task of moving their legacy application portfolio to Kubernetes.

He went over:
  • The benefits of bringing applications to Kubernetes
  • A common approach for migrating and modernizing them
  • How the open-source tool Tackle can streamline the adoption process
  • A live demo of the tool's first release
  • And a look at the roadmap for upcoming capabilities
If you still have questions about Tackle, feel free to put them in the Konveyor Slack channel.

And in case you missed it, last week's meetup was on IBM's recently open-sourced tool, Tackle-test. It performs automatic unit test generation for Java applications. So, it helps you ensure functional behaviors of your legacy application are preserved in the modernized version of the app. (Recording | Slides)

Enjoy,

Jonathan

P.S. Let me know if you're interested in sharing migration lessons you've learned from experience with the rest of the Konveyor community. Just reply to me only to get started.