alternative to mod_rewrite

aitter

Apr 29, 2008, 5:42:57 PM4/29/08
to Konstrukt
Hello,

What about the use of alternatives to mod_rewrite such as:
Multiviews (see http://www.thyphp.com/friendly-url-without-mod_rewrite.html
)
or
ForceType (see http://www.tutorio.com/tutorial/php-alternative-to-mod-rewrite-for-se-friendly-urls
)
with Konstrukt ? Is there a way to use one of them with a configurable
parameter(s)?

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Alexander

troels knak-nielsen

May 25, 2008, 4:04:46 PM5/25/08
to kons...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

I kind of filed your post under "stuff to get back to". It's a pretty
big pile -- Sorry about that.

To be honest, I don't really care too much about alternatives to
mod_rewrite. Most php-sites are hosted on Apache -- Certainly anything
I've been working on for a while. Both ForceType and MultiViews are
Apache-extensions, and I guess I can't envision why anybody would have
Apache installed and _not_ being able to use mod_rewrite? Are there
any obvious benefits to that?

--
troels

gobi...@gmail.com