Access to KonOpas server

Peter Olszowka

Jul 18, 2017, 4:25:18 PM7/18/17
to konop...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My wife and I support KonOpas use for 3 cons: Arisia, Boskone, and NEFFA.  We'd like to offer access to the KonOpas server to allow users to share info between devices.

1) Can we get access to the server code so we can deploy it for our cons?

2) If not, can we have your permission to reverse engineer it?

  --PeterO

Joshua Kronengold

Oct 26, 2017, 4:14:22 PM10/26/17
to KonOpas Development
I obviously cannot speak for Eemlii.

But near as I can tell, his take on the server code was that it was (at least at the time) his attempt to monetize his work on Konopas.

From my vague memory, his approach wrt people writing their own servers based on the protocol in the OSS cpde was that he couldn't stop them and didn't intended to try.

Peter Olszowka

Oct 26, 2017, 4:27:56 PM10/26/17
to konop...@googlegroups.com
Eemeli since contacted me and said his intention is to update the server code to the point where users can deploy and support it themselves.  I don't have an update on his progress towards that goal.

  --PeterO