Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Gareth Kavanagh

no leída,
7 oct 2013, 9:36:487/10/13
a konop...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I thought i would add some notes on how the application worked for us. It is still pre convention, however there are some thoughts on our expierence.

We do not have a program for managing our programme, we ended up using the Google Spreadsheet, similar to how Finncon did it.

1. As a way of publishing our program it worked really well.  It is easy to make changes to the program and update the members of change to the program, which considering previously it was all Printed material, this was good.

2.We are not using online caching, though we are hoping to get that in place shortly, ahead of the convention. This is something that might be more signifcant for others, but the hotels wifi has handled our event the last 5 years without any real issues, so unlikely to be an issue this year.

3. been able to set how the programme looks, means that we can give it a unique look, if we wanted. However this was something we did little on, we just changed colours and so on.

4. Tagging is probably one of the better features that we did not use. Also it might be worth noting that the Location of events is also another way of grouping things outside of Scifi/fantasy cons.

Some things i learnt from using the spreadsheet.
It is obvious, but i missed it because of how i had my data, but you should be sorting the spreadsheet by Day and Time before using the scripts to convert the data to the apps data format.

I will leave possible changes until after the convention. There are a couple in mind, but they would make no difference at this stage.

Gareth
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar