KMUG Membership card

Seab...@mac.com

Jun 24, 2010, 2:45:52 AM6/24/10
to Kona Mac Users Group
Aloha All! Cindy here. I think we need more input before we print
out a card and add some text to it. Like what does the card entitle
one to? How many visits to a KMUG meeting before one is considered an
active member. Over time - how many meetings per year need one attend
to be considered active. What sort of discount has Mac Made Easy
decided to offer KMUG members and on which products. Perhaps once a
card is issued to active members, we could punch/stamp or initial
cards for each attendance - or something like that. Perhaps we could
hear from Bob and/or Renee or our loosely formed "steering committee"
from last meeting could come up with some guidelines. I would be
happy to contact Mac Made Easy and ask about the discounts they will
offer, if this has not been done yet. I'll wait to hear from others,
but this would be good to decide before the July event as we can
promote our group at the event and offer the incentive of a membership
card once attending a certain number of meetings or events.

Bobfharris

Jun 24, 2010, 1:34:39 PM6/24/10
to Kona Mac Users Group
Good thoughts Cindy

I'd suggest that we don't really need to know the discounts ahead but
have the card ready in case the stores decide to anyway.

As to membership in the absence of 'dues' which commits one to a
member I'd suggest that a signup sheet be used and that after 3-4
meetings one might qualify rather than punch holes in the card.

Renee

Jun 25, 2010, 3:28:26 AM6/25/10
to kona-ma...@googlegroups.com
Love this conversation...

I like the idea that someone attends for a few meetings to become a member (card given then).

Perhaps in time there are nominal dues ($8-$15 a year) to qualify. The monies could offset meetings such as the Chris Breen meeting in July.

I suspect both Mac stores in Kona would appreciate having a "card carrying member" before discounts or specials are given to the anyone in the group.

And I agree Cindy, clarity of this would be good before the July meeting so the Mac group can be promoted, both online and offline.

Mahalo,
Renee

--

Renee

 Catalyst, Connector, Visionary

808.326.7567 h

808.896.3950 c

www.TheBookAngel.com

www.aWealthOfWisdom.com

twitter.com/thebookangel

facebook.com/thebookangel

What are the possibilities? Focus there!