Kona Mac User-April meeting highlights

Renee

Apr 13, 2010, 9:00:43 PM4/13/10
to kona-ma...@googlegroups.com
Aloha Mac Lovers
A big Thank You to Mac Made Easy for the venue
and for having hot dogs / chips / cookies for us.

Mahalo to Bob for a wonderful and informative meeting.
~ 16 attended
~ It was agreed to move forward with becoming a registered group.

Also a BIG thank you to Bob for his offer to lead the meetings
every other month when they are held at the Mac Made Easy store.

Synching and MobileMe

A MobileMe account is needed—$99/year for 20 GB.
You can control what you want synched under System Preferences > MobileMe.
Address book and Calender tend to be most popular.

One advantage - upload iPhoto to MobileMe, then send a link to the pic(s).

You can use it to find your iPhone or laptop if they are stolen.

iPad Demo
Greg and Bob showed off the new iPad.
Very cool product with lots of possibilities.
I personally loved the Astronomy app.

May 13 Meeting
Mahalo to Bernt Grundseth, a new member,
for volunteering to lead the May meeting.
It will be held at the MacNet store on Henry.
5:30p-7:30p

July meeting moved to July 22nd
Chris Breen of MacWorld is a personal friend of Bob's.
Chris is willing to meet with our group while he is
on vacation here on the West side of the Island.

Public will be invited so a larger venue with
internet access and image magnification is needed.
Any Ideas??

Help is needed to market this event and have it run smoothly.
Please contact Bob at
bobfharris @ gmail.com (take out the spaces)

Leader(s) Needed
A volunteer is needed to lead two meetings to complete the year.
September 9, 2010
November 11, 2010

Contact Paul
and Bob with your offer to help. (take out the spaces)
wpkona @ yahoo.com
bobfharris @ gmail.com

New contact for Google Group and meeting notification
I joined the group Feb 09 and it moved to my lanai April 09.
For the past 9 months, I've held the group together
even when there was only four attending.

My plate is beyond full and I have stepped down
from being responsible to keep the group going.

Mahalo to Paul for agreeing to manage the google
group and to send meeting info to the paper, craigslist,
and to send email reminders to the group.
Group home page
http://groups.google.com/group/kona-mac-users

See you at the next meeting May.
Renee
 :-)

--

Renee

 Catalyst, Connector, Visionary

808.326.7567 h

808.896.3950 c

www.TheBookAngel.com

www.aWealthOfWisdom.com

twitter.com/thebookangel

facebook.com/thebookangel

What are the possibilities? Focus there!