Accessibility

Rajakavitha Kodhandapani

Mar 17, 2019, 9:04:24 AM3/17/19
to kojo-user

Hi,

Accessibility is a requirement and not just a nice to have feature. Organizations and open source projects alike realize that they could be unintentionally locking people with different abilities out of their products. We need to think about how we program our product and the documentation so that we can optimize for others success.
Business case
1. Better SEO, and usability
2. Positive coding practices
3. Comply with any legal standards or regulations

PS: Would like to quote stackoverflow survey One out of every 200 is hard of sight.

I read the ebooks and they are great resources to get started. I was wondering if you would like to have a docs repository in github and all the topics as .md files so that we could have contributions from all users to share their user experience and enhancements.Something similar to what we have in: https://github.com/kubernetes/website/tree/master/content/en

Please let me know if this is something that interests you.

Regards,

Rajie

Lalit Pant

Mar 17, 2019, 12:20:06 PM3/17/19
to Rajakavitha Kodhandapani, kojo-user
Hi Rajie,

Sounds like a good thought. Here's a new repo to play with this idea:

Would you mind getting something going in this repo (based on the existing Kojo ebooks). Then we can evaluate and decide where to take this.
Or feel free to suggest something else.

Regards,
- Lalit