Kojo command/function listing

Lalit Pant

Sep 30, 2015, 1:29:19 AM9/30/15
to kojo...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

> I just start programming in Kojo and I would realy like if there was som sort
> of list on all functions that are already defined.

For programming in Swedish, this page should give you the information that you want:
http://www.lth.se/programmera

For English, you have a few of options:
- Run the help() command in the script editor to see a list of some basic commands/functions.
- Run Tools -> Instruction Palette to also see a list of some basic commands/functions.
- Look at the Kojo Quickref book (http://www.kogics.net/kojo-ebooks#quickref).
- Press Ctrl+Space in the script editor to see a list of all available commands/functions.

Hope that helps?

Regards,
- Lalit

dav dl (david.l...@telia.com) har ansökt om att gå med i gruppen kojo-user.
Meddelande från dav dl

I just start programming in Kojo and I would realy like if there was som sort of list on all functions that are already defined.

Starta en ny grupp. Besök hjälpcentret.

dav dl

Sep 30, 2015, 1:56:12 AM9/30/15
to kojo-user
Thank you!
I'm looking for a list with all the defined functions/commands. Is that avaible?

Lalit Pant

Sep 30, 2015, 2:09:02 AM9/30/15
to dav dl, kojo-user
> I'm looking for a list with all the defined functions/commands. Is that avaible?

If you want to see *all* the commands/functions, Ctrl+Space is the way to go. But the quickref book would be a better idea, as it has a list of the most frequently used commands/functions organized nicely in sections.

/L

Björn Regnell

Sep 30, 2015, 5:54:43 AM9/30/15
to dav dl, kojo-user

Hi David!

Nice to see that you are getting into programmin!

Download the list of Swedish commands here:

http://fileadmin.cs.lth.se/cs/Personal/Bjorn_Regnell/padda.pdf

Dowload Kojo Quickref (which includes more stuff, as only the basic parts are translated to Swedish)  here:

https://bitbucket.org/lalit_pant/kojo/downloads/KojoQuickref-301014.pdf

/B

Den onsdag 30 september 2015 kl. 07:29:19 UTC+2 skrev Lalit Pant:

Hi David,

> I just start programming in Kojo and I would realy like if there was som sort
> of list on all functions that are already defined.

For programming in Swedish, this page should give you the information that you want:
http://www.lth.se/programmera

For English, you have a few of options:

- Run the help() command in the script editor to see a list of some basic commands/functions.

- Run Tools -> Instruction Palette to also see a list of some basic commands/functions.

- Look at the Kojo Quickref book (http://www.kogics.net/kojo-ebooks#quickref).

- Press Ctrl+Space in the script editor to see a list of all available commands/functions.

Hope that helps?

Regards,

- Lalit

dav dl

Sep 30, 2015, 10:30:48 AM9/30/15
to kojo-user
Are there all the defined functions in some of them

dav dl

Sep 30, 2015, 10:45:49 AM9/30/15
to kojo-user
Ups! I happened to send it. I don't know how I did it but it was a mistake.
But I would realy like to say thanks for this because it helps me a lot! =D
I have another question to you. If I get stuck somewere when I programming in kojo, were would I go? Which is the best places to go to?

Björn Regnell

Sep 30, 2015, 10:47:43 AM9/30/15
to dav dl, kojo-user

Well, Kojo is really open-ended in that it actually includes the complete standard library of Scala and the complete, so called, Java Development Kit, with which you can develop pretty much anything; so the number of available functions are immense... The main starting point for professional programmers to the Scala documentation and the fantastic Scala standard library is here:

http://scala-lang.org/documentation/

and for the professional programmer in Java and the JDK with its unique comprehensiveness, the starting point is here:

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/

but these are not very suitable for a beginner programmer, hence a beginner-friendly subset of what you can do in Kojo is available in the Swedish "kommandolistan" and the English "QuickRef"...

Actually, one of the life-long learning experiences of programming is knowing more and more about ready-made functions. Those are available in what is often called an API.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface

Many API:s are open source (i.e. free to use under some license) and provide a global infrastructure for the collective project of building our planet's software assets, of which some are intrinsic to Kojo.

/B