Kogito 1.4.1.Final released

Cristiano Nicolai

Mar 22, 2021, 11:19:25 AM3/22/21
to Kogito development mailing list

Hi all,

We are glad to announce that the Kogito 1.4.1 release is now available! We skipped 1.4.0, so we could fix an issue related to Quarkus integration. Kogito 1.4.1 goes hand in hand with the Kogito Tooling 0.8.5[1] and Kogito Images, Operator, and CLI 1.4.0[2] releases.

From a feature point of view, we included a series of new features and bug fixes, including:

  • OpenAPI Codegen for RESTful services calls on Kogito Serverless Workflow implementation[3].

  • Kogito now provides 4 Quarkus extensions:

    • kogito-quarkus-extension is equivalent to the pre 1.4.x; it includes processes and integration with all the other components.

    • kogito-quarkus-decisions-extension: only DMN support

    • kogito-quarkus-predictions-extension: only PMML support

    • kogito-quarkus-rules-extension: only Drools support

  • Pluggable `UnitOfWork` event listeners which assists in reacting to the events when a `UnitOfWork` starts, ends, or aborts.

  • Error handling feature, support to end error events, and start error events in event sub-processes.

  • New Task Administration Addon allowing task details to be updated.

Head to [4] for more details.

New to Kogito? Check out our website https://kogito.kie.org/. Click the "Get Started" button.

All artifacts are available now:

  • Kogito runtime artifacts are available on Maven Central.

  • Kogito examples can be found here [5].

  • Kogito images are available on Quay.io [6].

  • Kogito operator is available in the OperatorHub in OpenShift and Kubernetes [7].

  • Kogito tooling 0.8.5 artifacts are available at the Visual Studio Marketplace [8].

Detailed release notes for 1.4.0 can be found in Atlassian Jira here [9].

[1] - https://blog.kie.org/2021/03/kogito-tooling-0-8-5-released.html

[2] - https://github.com/kiegroup/kogito-cloud-operator/releases/tag/v1.4.0

[3] - https://twitter.com/zaninirica/status/1367941180017811465

[4] - https://docs.jboss.org/kogito/release/latest/html_single/#ref-kogito-rn-new-features_kogito-release-notes