Strange startup behaviour with RabbitMQ when DMN ist present

Johann Letzel

May 8, 2024, 4:57:25 AMMay 8
to Kogito development mailing list
Hi,

I found a pretty strange behavior in Kogito/Quarkus.

The initial situation:
- Maven project
- A  pretty simple BMPN process base on a start event
- Start event is triggered by a message via a RabbitMQ queue (classic type)

Scenario 1:
- Kogito/Qarkus engine is running
- Sender puts a message into the queue
- Kogito creates a new process instance -> Fine

Scenario 2:
- Kogito/Qarkus is not running
- Sender puts a message into the queue
- Kogito/Qarkus is starting up
- Kogito creates a new process instance -> Fine

Alteration: Adding an nonempty DMN to the Maven project

Scenario 3:
- Kogito/Qarkus engine is running
- Sender puts a message into the queue
- Kogito creates a new process instance -> Fine

Scenario 4:
- Kogito/Qarkus is not running
- Sender puts a message into the queue
- Kogito/Qarkus is starting up
- Kogito don't creates a new process instance -> NOT FINE
- But in RabbitMQ I saw that the message was consumed

I checked the persistence made in PostgreSQL and in scenario 4 no entry in table "processes" was written.

Here the some parts of the settings:

pom.xml
<properties>
<quarkus-plugin.version>2.16.10.Final</quarkus-plugin.version>
<quarkus.platform.artifact-id>quarkus-bom</quarkus.platform.artifact-id>
<quarkus.platform.group-id>io.quarkus</quarkus.platform.group-id>
<quarkus.platform.version>2.16.10.Final</quarkus.platform.version>
<kogito.bom.group-id>org.kie.kogito</kogito.bom.group-id>
<kogito.bom.artifact-id>kogito-bom</kogito.bom.artifact-id>
<kogito.bom.version>1.44.1.Final</kogito.bom.version>
<version.org.kie.kogito>1.44.1.Final</version.org.kie.kogito>
</properties>

application.properties:
amqp-host=secret
amqp-port=5671
amqp-use-ssl=true
amqp-ssl=true
amqp-username=secret
amqp-password=secret

mp.messaging.incoming.startEvent.connector=smallrye-amqp
mp.messaging.incoming.startEvent.address=start_event
mp.messaging.incoming.startEvent.queue=start_event
mp.messaging.incoming.startEvent.durable=false
mp.messaging.incoming.startEvent.use-ssl=true

As soon I rename or remove the DMN file all is fine again.

Any  ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Johann Letzel

Bernd “BlakeImp” Döhring

May 23, 2024, 4:36:39 AMMay 23
to Kogito development mailing list
I have the same experience for this bug. Have anyone a solution?