kogito-examples question

joshcodes

Apr 9, 2021, 8:59:26 AMApr 9
to Kogito development mailing list
Hello,

The kogito-examples repository projects rules-quarkus-helloworld and ruleunit-quarkus-example have DRL queries that result in auto generated REST endpoint.

When running the applications, after each HTTP call to generated API I see KogitoStatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl instances created in memory.

With the auto generated REST API feature are we able to clean up resources (i.e. call dispose on KieSession)?

Cristiano Nicolai

Apr 11, 2021, 9:34:34 PMApr 11
to Kogito development mailing list
Hi,

This seems like a bug, would you mind reporting it in a JIRA?

Thanks

Best regards,

Cristiano Nicolai

Daniele Zonca

Apr 12, 2021, 9:33:12 AMApr 12
to Kogito development mailing list
Hi,

The current behavior internally uses a custom/extended version of KieSession but acts like a stateless session: it always uses a new instance for each REST invocation so you don't need to perform a dispose explicitly.

In general, the stateful scenario is not covered by Kogito yet, it is in the plan but it will take some time because we need to solve working memory replication.

Daniele