Re: kogito-examples question

Message has been deleted

Cristiano Nicolai

Apr 11, 2021, 9:34:34 PM4/11/21
to Kogito development mailing list
Hi,

This seems like a bug, would you mind reporting it in a JIRA?

Thanks

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 10:59 PM joshcodes <josh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

The kogito-examples repository projects rules-quarkus-helloworld and ruleunit-quarkus-example have DRL queries that result in auto generated REST endpoint.

When running the applications, after each HTTP call to generated API I see KogitoStatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl instances created in memory.

With the auto generated REST API feature are we able to clean up resources (i.e. call dispose on KieSession)?

Best regards,

Cristiano Nicolai

Daniele Zonca

Apr 12, 2021, 9:33:12 AM4/12/21
to Kogito development mailing list
Hi,

The current behavior internally uses a custom/extended version of KieSession but acts like a stateless session: it always uses a new instance for each REST invocation so you don't need to perform a dispose explicitly.

In general, the stateful scenario is not covered by Kogito yet, it is in the plan but it will take some time because we need to solve working memory replication.

Daniele

Ming Fang

Aug 29, 2021, 2:43:43 PM8/29/21
to Kogito development mailing list
You should document the examples as stateless in the readme.
I thought it was stateful and wasted many hours debugging the examples.