How to deploy changes to DMN model without involving IT resources

Kumaresan S.V

Mar 28, 2022, 10:20:33 AM3/28/22
to Kogito development mailing list
Hi

We have a requirement where we want to allow business to edit DMN models in production, test it with sample data and deploy the changes to production without involving IT. Is that possible in Kogito and if so how?

If it is not possible, has anyone faced similar requirement and how was it solved?

Thanks
Kumar

Rafael Soares

Mar 28, 2022, 1:39:13 PM3/28/22
to Kogito development mailing list
Usually, your models (DMN, BPMN, etc) are stored in a Git repository. So, the best approach in such a scenario is to implement an automated build/deployment pipeline (using whatever tools/stack your IT team is familiar with) that gets triggered when someone (your dev or buzz user) pushes a change to a particular project git repo. With this approach, you can not only build and deploy but also execute tests to make sure your project is ready for deployment.

Rhett S

May 6, 2022, 11:52:07 PM5/6/22
to Kogito development mailing list
imo, for your solution, use drools dmn without kogito. store your dmns as files in the cloud. write a drools dmn that reads in those dmns.  do validation before load time with the jitexecutor.

Kumaresan S.V

May 7, 2022, 11:14:07 PM5/7/22
to Kogito development mailing list
That is exactly what we have done. We are using lambda's to load DMN files from S3 buckets and execute them. I would love to use Kogito as it has some additional features that Drools does not. But it is not a show stopper.

Thanks
Kumar