Apache configurations

1 view

Bryton

Feb 29, 2008, 3:51:41 AM2/29/08
to koding
I am looking forwad to have more than one websites in a single web
server.Now i know i have to confiure Virtual host.I have configure
name-based virtual hosting with the following configurations in
httpd.conf

NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>
ServerName www.bryton.com
DirectoryRoot "C:/my1stWebsite"
</VirtualHost>
and
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>
ServerName www.bryt.com
DirectoryRoot "C:/my2ndWebsite"
</virtualHost>

1.Now on login using the server name the pages are not found?Why and
what can i do?
2.I want to enable different users with their dirrectories in my
webservers login with their respective credentials to the webserver
and do what ever they want to do,what onfigurations do i have to do to
achieve this.Thanks.

Arpintim

Feb 29, 2008, 7:41:42 AM2/29/08
to koding
Page are not found? How do you know pages are not found? I think you
should say what you see as output on the web browser from apache.

Have you heard of DNS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Domain_name_system)?

You may need to tell your computer that www.bryton.com is in your PC.
Search for a file named "hosts" within your Windows directory (I guess
C:\Windows\drivers\etc), open it in notepad, and add a line:
127.0.0.1 www.bryton.com

Save it and close it.

Then try to access 127.0.0.1 www.bryton.com