I will NEVER use Kog again

Emmanuel

Nov 23, 2011, 5:15:30 AM11/23/11
to Kod.app
When was the last time you used a software that did not ask you to
save the file when you closed it?

For me, probably 25 years ago.

It happened today on Kod. I hit Command-W by mistake and all my day's
work disappeared.

How brain dead is that?

Jacob Maskiewicz

Nov 23, 2011, 5:18:58 AM11/23/11
to kod...@googlegroups.com
This. I used Kod for a while until I realized that this was happening, and then I quickly removed it from my system to prevent myself from losing work while working in Kod.

-Jake M

Alberto Piu

Nov 23, 2011, 8:17:16 AM11/23/11
to kod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Kod is at a very early development stage. It is not ready for every day use.

Alberto

Nathaniel Schweinberg

Nov 23, 2011, 11:01:54 AM11/23/11
to kod...@googlegroups.com
You do realize this is a 0.3 BETA release right?

Terin Stock

Nov 23, 2011, 11:04:22 AM11/23/11
to kod...@googlegroups.com
Honestly, it should have been labeled "Alpha"…

--
#Terin Stock
Undergraduate, Computer Science (CISE), University of Florida

Sherif S.

Nov 23, 2011, 11:08:46 AM11/23/11
to kod...@googlegroups.com
Actually, more like 0.0.3 (at least according to the homepage at kodapp.com) and as far as I can tell, it's not even in an official beta release yet.

That said, a Save before Close prompt is a fairly fundamental/basic functionality that should have been implemented before things like syntax colouring etc.

In general, this project has been dead in the water for too long. If you're looking for an all-purpose light-weight free code editor for Mac OS, off the top of my head I'd suggest Fraise. There are way too many editors around already anyway, we don't need another one.

Nathaniel Schweinberg

Nov 23, 2011, 11:13:49 AM11/23/11
to kod...@googlegroups.com
True. Either way and point being, it's very early in its development and to complain about it not be stable is silly.

Kerri Miller

Nov 23, 2011, 11:39:51 AM11/23/11
to kod...@googlegroups.com
So add it.

Nov 24, 2011, 7:19:54 PM11/24/11
to Kod.app
You're obviously doing it wrong.

a) Save your own work. there's an "s" key a few millimeters offset
from "w". Use it.
b) I cannot reproduce your alleged issue, which usually means the
problem is on *your* end.

If you have a legitimate issue, instead of crying about it---you
should be reporting machine and operating specifics. i.e. a useful bug
report.

Jacob Maskiewicz

Nov 25, 2011, 12:55:30 AM11/25/11
to kod...@googlegroups.com
I can reproduce it. If you change a line of code and close it. It
doesn't prompt you. Even vim will prompt you to save if you try to :q

-Jake M

Sent from my iPhone

Mike Nickey

Nov 25, 2011, 1:26:03 AM11/25/11
to kod...@googlegroups.com
Geez, who called the wah-mbulance?
Wah!

--
~MEN

Rasmus Andersson

Nov 30, 2011, 2:28:13 AM11/30/11
to kod...@googlegroups.com
Guys. It's beta. Your perception of what a beta is might be skewed by
the pop products and websites of the late 2000s which called
themselves "beta" while actually being released.

If there's something about Kod you don't like, just fix it. That's why
it's open source. Or suck it up.

--
Rasmus Andersson

Alexey

Dec 9, 2011, 3:45:16 PM12/9/11
to Kod.app
I think Kod is cool, i do need it.

I plan to start using it as a snippet editor right now, even if it
will refuse to save them for me.

Bottleboot

Dec 26, 2011, 10:27:04 PM12/26/11
to kod...@googlegroups.com
The free application in beta doesn't work as you expected?
Good one.

桑世龙

Dec 26, 2011, 10:36:32 PM12/26/11
to kod...@googlegroups.com
he's SB,its name is kid ,not Kog

i like it very much

At 2011-12-27 11:27:04,Bottleboot <double...@gmail.com> wrote:
The free application in beta doesn't work as you expected?
Good one.

Martin Bean

Feb 29, 2012, 5:14:11 PM2/29/12
to kod...@googlegroups.com
Are you for real? It's a really early alpha release. And if you lost a whole days' work, then it's your fault for not saving as you're going, you tit. How brain dead is that not to?