I have chosen to release Kod under a modified MIT license which
basically only adds protection for selling Kod as a whole (you can
still use part of the source for commercial work).
1. With making Kod open source I hope we can build a versatile,
universal and modern text editor for hackers of all kinds working on
the Mac OS.
2. I will continue to act as the "owner" (or head maintainer) of Kod,
including the work of releasing tested, signed and official builds of
3. This community process will be coordinated with this Google group
as its base.
4. I prefer the workflow of you forking the main repository
(https://github.com/rsms/kod), then send patches for review to this
mailing list. (Please don't send "pull requests" on GitHub).
5. There is no fifth statement.
Now, let's build the most awesome editor ever!
Thank you! We will do this together and it will not only be fun, but
spawn a really useful editor.
> Best regards,
> Jakub Suder
- Zach LeBar