Downloading bulk photos

Samuel Wong

Sep 15, 2015, 7:40:49 PM9/15/15
to Kobo Users

Hi Tino and the KoboToolbox Team,

We are trying to download all photos from our the project.  There are at least 1000 photos recording from the project.   It have been sitting as “Pending…” for some time now.  We’ve tried it several times since 1500 hours on Thursday.  Is this a back-end issue?  We were also backing up all photos to Google, but the screenshots were not renamed properly, so we would need the source file naming to correlate to location.

Thanks!

Sam

raj.na...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2015, 6:48:31 AM10/9/15
to Kobo Users
Hi Sam,

Have you got any solution? If yes, kindly share as I am facing similar problem..

Thanks,
Raj

Tino Kreutzer

Oct 15, 2015, 2:19:43 PM10/15/15
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam and Rajeev,

We've found a solution for you to download the images on your account. This is a temporary approach while we are working on a better solution for very large image-based projects such as yours. I've just emailed you the detailed instructions specific to your accounts and projects.

Anyone else unable to download images with the normal ZIP download option please send us a message including the URL to your specific data collection project where the image download is not possible and we'll help you out. We'll soon have a long-term solution for downloading very large numbers of media files.

Best,
Tino

raj.na...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2015, 12:46:28 PM10/25/15
to Kobo Users
H Tino,

I didn't receive any response on my query yet.

Kindly re send.

Many thanks.
Raj

Tino Kreutzer

Oct 27, 2015, 6:28:30 PM10/27/15
to Kobo Users
Hi Raj,
I just sent you the specific instructions for your project. It seems we mixed up two different queries on the same topic.

Anyone with very large photo or video projects currently unable to download their media through the regular ZIP file export, please send us a message at sup...@kobotoolbox.org and we'll help you out right away.

Best,
Tino

Septi Widfiana

Dec 6, 2015, 10:32:08 PM12/6/15
to Kobo Users
Hai Sam, I think I found the same problem like you. Have you got any solution ? If yes, would you mind to share the solution with me?

Thanks.

Tino Kreutzer

Dec 7, 2015, 9:03:52 AM12/7/15
to Kobo Users
Hi Septi,

Please send us a separate message to sup...@kobotoolbox.org with the URL to your data collection project (which will include both the ID of your project and your username). With this we can send your photos through a different avenue.

Best,
Tino

Tom Ombogo

May 11, 2017, 1:48:23 PM5/11/17
to Kobo Users
Hello Sam,

I trust that you are fine. I am stuck with data, I am unable to download pictures from Kobo for one of our projects. Did you finally get a solution to this issue? I need help.

Thank you.

Tom

Elizabeth Baptista

Nov 11, 2018, 11:18:52 PM11/11/18
to KoBoToolbox Users
Hi all,

I tried downloading bulk of images based on the instruction from this site http://help.kobotoolbox.org/managing-your-project-s-data/data-exports/downloading-photos-and-other-media

Unfortunately, DownThemAll extension is no longer available on Firefox. I tried to use download smart but got a message saying " failed to find any media'.

I could access the images individually  from the excel hyperlink but haven't been able to download all images at once.

I was in the the htm page that I saved on the desktop when I start the Download Smart.  Has anyone one encountered the same issue?

Cheers

Mustafa Hassan

Nov 12, 2018, 1:26:12 AM11/12/18
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Dear ,
From my understanding use Download manager software
That helped me
Thanks

Elizabeth Baptista

Nov 12, 2018, 5:09:54 AM11/12/18
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mustafa,
Thanks for your response. I will try that.

Cheers