Updates after kobotoolbox deployment on own server on AWS

Kaleem Qureshi

Oct 30, 2018, 6:18:46 AM10/30/18
to KoBoToolbox Users

Dear Fellows

Please let me tell, I deployed the KoboToolbox on AWS from previous 1 year, but I still do not update the server since June 2017. If I update the KoboToolbox now for new features, does it effect the existing data /databases like existing surveys.

I am more concerned about the existing users' data and huge surveys.

Regards,

kaleem

Blogger Arfan

Oct 30, 2018, 7:12:06 AM10/30/18
to kobo-...@googlegroups.com
If you want to fix this problem  you can contact with me at skype : arfan66701 . You can hire me for 1 to 3 hours to fix this problem.

Regards,

Arfan

MC

Oct 30, 2018, 10:14:51 AM10/30/18
to KoBoToolbox Users
I updated my server a couple of times, and the forms and form data were fine. Do you have backup set?

MC

Oct 30, 2018, 10:23:54 AM10/30/18
to KoBoToolbox Users
Kobo-docker readme explains how to set up backups. Here: https://github.com/kobotoolbox/kobo-docker#backups