Install Kobo Toolbox on server

Ellam ByDefault

Oct 10, 2015, 11:05:43 AM10/10/15
to Kobo Users
Hi. I've tried Kobo Toolbox and am interested to install it on my server (from source, without Vagrant and Virtual Box).
Unfortunately I can't find any working guide on how to do this anywhere.
Could you help me please?
Message has been deleted

Stephen Oduor

Mar 28, 2016, 8:58:59 AM3/28/16
to Kobo Users

 Hi , I can help you set it(kobo toolbox) up, I have some extra time this week off job, if interested then let me know whatsapp on +254710401008

Esmail Fadae

Mar 28, 2016, 10:23:35 AM3/28/16
to Kobo Users
Hi, Ellam. We've moved away from Vagrant and have started using Docker for KoBo Toolbox instances. You can find setup instructions in the repository: https://github.com/kobotoolbox/kobo-docker. Let us know if you have any problems.

Thanks,
Esmail

Ruchi Kansal

Mar 28, 2016, 11:14:32 AM3/28/16
to Kobo Users
Hi Esmail,
I have tried the project for server. I followed the steps given on https://github.com/kobotoolbox/kobo-docker. If I followed the 7(2) step ie. If I uncomment the extra-hosts directory, then the "docker-compose up" command was not working, there was docker.parser.error. If I comment it back then the command worked. But I was not able to run it using host-address "https://172.17.0.1:8000/" .

Please let me know if I was doing something wrong. And also please let me clear the 7(2) step. This step is not clear to me. It is making confusion.
Thanks

Regards
Ruchi

Esmail Fadae

Mar 28, 2016, 12:07:07 PM3/28/16
to Kobo Users
Hi, Ruchi. It seems like you're mixing the mutually-exclusive local and server configurations. Step 7 is only for server instances, whereas using port 8000 is only for local instances. I've updated the README in hopes of clarifying this point, so please have a look and try again.

Also, your question doesn't relate to Ellam's original question, so in the future please start a new request.

Thanks,
Esmail

palis...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2018, 12:57:57 AM10/7/18
to KoBoToolbox Users

I installed KoboToolBox server version on my local computer (Ubuntu) and intend to test it as a server. When I docker-compose up,it returns

Error when try to start nginx container (Bind for 0.0.0.0:80 failed: port is already allocated.)

Then i changed port 80 to 81 (ports: - 81:81) in docker-compose.yml. After I docker-compose up and tried docker-compose ps, everything shows 'done', which I think means normally running. However I could not open KoboToolBox on my browsers with the address I typed in, which is '172.17.0.1' and '127.0.0.1'. I tried a lot but unable to run on my browser. Please help me out.

palistha

Oct 7, 2018, 1:17:59 AM10/7/18
to KoBoToolbox Users