Connecting to Kobo via SQL

Brett Collins

Oct 4, 2016, 9:16:57 AM10/4/16
to Kobo Users
Hi there,

I was hoping to connect to the Kobo platform to pull data based on SQL queries. Is this possible? I searched for this question but didn't see anything directly.

Thanks very much,

Kurund Jalmi

Oct 10, 2016, 2:04:41 PM10/10/16
to Kobo Users
Brett,

Yes, it is possible to pull the data using SQL queries. We recently worked on a project where we use BIRT to create report which pulled data from Kobo platform. For your reference: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/kobo-users/BIRT%7Csort:relevance/kobo-users/8i43IWAiPtY/7foR8umqBgAJ

Hth
Kurund

Narayan Maharjan

Nov 4, 2016, 3:10:58 AM11/4/16
to Kobo Users
Yes, Brett- its possible using Koko Api ( https://kc.kobotoolbox.org/api/v1/). I used a php script to read kobo data from kobo api in  Json format and then update/upload the data into own MySQL database. so that to manage as you want. http://epms.shangrilamap.com/