KWF_User and LDAP

Dmitry Klimkin

Nov 25, 2013, 2:54:23 AM11/25/13
to koala-fra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niko,

Is it possible to use LDAP for web-app authorization? Or do I need manually import directory data somehow?

Thanks.

Niko Sams

Nov 25, 2013, 3:16:09 PM11/25/13
to Koala Framework Dev
you should be able to do that using a custom user model.
However we don't have an example for doing that...

If you could give me example code how to authenticate a user using
LDAP I could come up with something...

Niko

Artyom M

Nov 18, 2014, 12:06:24 AM11/18/14
to koala-fra...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I use adldap for this:

It's very simple, my class with ldap auth code in attach file.

I need LDAP auth in my web-app, but I don't know how to bring it to KWF.
Niko, please help =)
Auth.class.php

Niko Sams

Nov 19, 2014, 12:04:27 PM11/19/14
to Koala Framework Dev
interesting.
so what you want to do is:
- let the user enter his username/password in your app
- forward that to ldap server for authentication
- if successful create (or update) user in your app, including a role/group
- and log in that user

all of that should be possible, we even made that easier to do with version 3.8.

Niko

Artyom M

Nov 22, 2014, 9:13:11 AM11/22/14
to koala-fra...@googlegroups.com
Do you plan to add support for LDAP auth, or I'll have to do it all by myself?

Niko Sams

Nov 23, 2014, 6:35:05 AM11/23/14
to Koala Framework Dev
On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Artyom M <psycho...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do you plan to add support for LDAP auth, or I'll have to do it all by myself?
We have no plans for ldap.

We'll implement oauth and saml sometime soon tough.

Niko

Artyom M

Nov 23, 2014, 7:00:28 AM11/23/14
to koala-fra...@googlegroups.com
Can you help me with adldap library integration? =))

I think it was some steps:
1. User type LDAP login and pass.
2. KWF send it to LDAP and check user in group and attribute with role name.
3. If user with right login/pass and step 2 conditions exists, KWF create new one (for log and other statistics).
4. User log in to app.
Right?

Niko Sams

Nov 23, 2014, 8:22:04 AM11/23/14
to Koala Framework Dev
On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Artyom M <psycho...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can you help me with adldap library integration? =))
Sure, should not be too hard :D

First step is to update your app to koala-framework 3.8, see the updated installation instructions:

two major things changed since 3.7:
- composer
- build step

Once you have that running we can start with ldap...

Niko

Artyom M

Jan 14, 2015, 6:08:29 AM1/14/15
to koala-fra...@googlegroups.com
Niko,

I'm on 3.8 in production now. It happened today, congratulations to me =)

>Once you have that running we can start with ldap...
I'm ready... what I can do now?