Scroll up after changes in table (problem)

Artyom M

Nov 17, 2014, 6:36:59 PM11/17/14
to koala-fra...@googlegroups.com
Niko,

KWF output a huge table with many columns, scroll of this table is very large. Users edit lines with button 'edit' and after that scroll rises up. It brings a lot of discomfort for re-scroll to find the desired line.

How to fix this problem?

Niko Sams

Nov 19, 2014, 11:55:33 AM11/19/14
to Koala Framework Dev
hm, I don't know of a way to work around that.
Problem is that the whole grid is reloaded and rerendered.

you could however work around that with:
- paging (so only say 25 items are shown)
- good filters the users will use so they also reduce the number of shown items

Niko

Artyom M

Nov 22, 2014, 9:29:18 AM11/22/14
to koala-fra...@googlegroups.com
>- paging (so only say 25 items are shown)
I think you know it' not a good idea =))
Now comfort paging number in my big tables is 3000.

>- good filters the users will use so they also reduce the number of shown items
Most users use scrolling instead of filter. In many cases it is more comfortable.

Are there any other options? for example, to remember the position of the scroll (or number of edit line) and send it after reloading/rerendering.

Niko Sams

Nov 23, 2014, 6:33:17 AM11/23/14
to Koala Framework Dev
On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Artyom M <psycho...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are there any other options? for example, to remember the position of the scroll (or number of edit line) and send it after reloading/rerendering.

yes, you probably can do that. Koala won't help you though - that would be extjs specific.

Niko