Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Knoxville Domain Storyteller

no leída,
24 may 2012, 10:19:00 a.m.24/5/2012
para knoxville...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delay in elections, got out of the hospital yesterday.

We have two entities going for VST: Geist at this time.
Raven Correll
None of the Above

=====
Name: Raven Correll
Cam#: US2009054137

Cam resume: Geist VST, Lost VST, Forsaken VST, Requiem VST, Lost ARST,
Requiem AARST, ICC Requiem 2010 ST Staff

Vision for the venue: Currently developing plot and story for our
Geist reboot. I have polled the domain to gain insight into our
player's opinions on Geist and am working to incorporate the results
into a venue everyone will enjoy. I plan to create a well balanced
game based around mystery, intrigue and problem solving.

Any drastic changes to current world (like a reboot): We will be doing
a full reboot of the Geist venue. All past events will have taken
place, but we will be continuing forward with new characters and new
plot.

Any special rules: None at present, but I would like to hear
discussion on what people feel should or shouldn't be included.

=======
Name: None of the Above
Cam#: US2100229999

Cam resume: Has run for every VST position in domain

Vision for the venue: Planning on slacking and doing nothing.

Any drastic changes to current world (like a reboot): Again with the
doing nothing

Any special rules: Nope
Please vote by Tuesday the 29th of May so that the winner will have
time to prepare for the game that Sunday. It is not quite a week, but
we're a pretty small group. Only people with up to date memberships
can vote. Send all votes to knoxvi...@gmail.com

--
Suzanne Johnson
US2002022856

Raven

no leída,
24 may 2012, 10:15:26 p.m.24/5/2012
para knoxville...@googlegroups.com
I encourage questions and I will even go so far as to challenge "None of the Above" to a public debate, if he is bold enough to show his face....

OOC-  Raven Correll
Inmate #US2009054137
Knoxville, TN

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/camwiki/index.php?title=User:RavenDarqhart

Eldren Smythe the III

no leída,
25 may 2012, 9:13:44 a.m.25/5/2012
para knoxville...@googlegroups.com
Question time

1). Okay, so i have to decide between 2 weekends of gaming content in knoxvlle. How will your venue stand out above the rest.

2). None of the above has a proven track record of doing nothing. How will you as VST strive to beat that record and how. (tricky 2 parter.)

3). I'm new to geist, What would you suggest would be easy, yet fun enough for a beginner. talking concept and feel (this assumes i haven't read the book)

4). How will you juggle your time among all your positions to give me the best geist experience possible.

5). how much time per week are you willing to devote to making the game enjoyable and fun.

6). How will you run this venue differently than you have previously run other venues.

7). Will your AVST requiem position interfere with your time devoted to Geist and/or will you use it to enhance the overall domain experience.

8). Cats or dogs..... feelings?

9). how will you utilize the domains resources to reach out and draw new players into the games?

Darwyn Siplin
All things groovy
US2002022886

--- On Thu, 5/24/12, Raven <live....@gmail.com> wrote:

Raven

no leída,
25 may 2012, 5:41:07 p.m.25/5/2012
para knoxville...@googlegroups.com
Excellent questions(mostly..lol) See below for answers.

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Eldren Smythe the III <eldren...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Question time

1). Okay, so i have to decide between 2 weekends of gaming content in knoxvlle. How will your venue stand out above the rest.

Geist is the newest of White Wolf's games. This promises all sorts of new fun. Whether you are an RP junkie or mechanics monkey, Geist provides a lot of both. I plan to run games that are character driven. What I mean by this is that I will develop plots and events that are designed with the characters in mind. There will always be motivation to follow plot. Stories will have depth, mystery and humor so that everyone is involved and entertained.

2). None of the above has a proven track record of doing nothing. How will you as VST strive to beat that record and how. (tricky 2 parter.)

I have already beaten None of the Above's track record by helping add depth to characters through the development of some character's Geists. I will continue to beat their record by attending every game, responding to every downtime and provided and fun and interesting venue.

3). I'm new to geist, What would you suggest would be easy, yet fun enough for a beginner. talking concept and feel (this assumes i haven't read the book)

Geist can be as easy or complicated as you want it to be. My suggestion for making a first Geist character goes like this: Think of a death that you find interesting. After all, Geist is centered around death and ghosts, so without an interesting and engaging death there's not much to go on. Once you have the death in mind, figure out what type of person would have suffered that fate. For example, my previous character died when he slipped on a D20 and fell out his bedroom window. D20...gamer....nerd...math whiz. He became Ace S Nates, world famous poker player and closet nerd. From there you decide on the Geist, which is attracted to the person by their death. Ace's Geist was a 20s mobster who died over a rigged dice game.
Figure out a creative death and the rest kind of flows from there. If you need some inspiration for creative deaths, I suggest Spike TVs 1000 Ways To Die. It's available On Demand and streaming on Netflix.

4). How will you juggle your time among all your positions to give me the best geist experience possible.

My only current positions will be VST Geist and AVST Requiem. My AVST Requiem position is purely advisory in regards to rules and mechanics, so I do not see much of an impact there. I may, however, become the ARST Geist soon which I feel will only increase the enjoyment for our players since it will allow me a bit more freedom to create a great game.

5). how much time per week are you willing to devote to making the game enjoyable and fun.

I can't honestly answer this question at the moment. My work schedule is very random right now, however that is supposed to settle down in June/July. Once I am back to a normal 40 hour work week, I will be doing about 2 hours of Geist work each day.

6). How will you run this venue differently than you have previously run other venues.

Geist is unlike any other venue, both in regards to story and mechanics. Geist is the story of second chances. The Keys and Manifestions system is unlike anything White Wolf currently prints. In previous venues, I have attempted to create large plots that incorporate Regional and National in the local game. I will not be doing that at all henceforth.

7). Will your AVST requiem position interfere with your time devoted to Geist and/or will you use it to enhance the overall domain experience.

As I stated before, my AVST position is purely advisory in regards to rules and mechanics, so I see no interference presenting itself. As far as using the position to enhance the overall domain experience, I cannot fully answer that as it would also be in the hands of the Requiem VST and our DST.

8). Cats or dogs..... feelings?

I don't care for domesticated animals, but if I had to choose, I would say cats. Predators>Omnivore

9). how will you utilize the domains resources to reach out and draw new players into the games?

I am hoping to work with our other awesome VSTs and our faboo DST to work on some cross venue plot to give Geist some exposure and create some buzz, however that is their decision as much as mine.

Raven Correll
US2009054137
Knox ADST Geist
Responder a todos