Fwd: [Camarilla-announce] White Wolf Wiki Locked

1 view

Knoxville Staff

May 29, 2012, 10:01:12 PM5/29/12
to Knox Cam Group

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wes Contreras <cam.glo...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 29, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Subject: [Camarilla-announce] White Wolf Wiki Locked
To: camarilla...@lists.mindseyesociety.org

As you may have noticed when visiting the White Wolf wiki, CCP IT is
moving that application to a new server. (In fact, they're moving to
an entirely new datacenter.) To facilitate that transfer, they've
locked the wiki so it can't be edited. Then they'll copy the database,
then I'd expect to see a bit of downtime (maybe a few minutes, maybe
days; hard to say), and then it should come back up and go back to
normal as soon as they finish their move.

I don't have specific timelines, but the whole process is expected to
last under a week. That is, they expect to be back to normal, with
editing restored, by June 5.

Note that this is a project by CCP IT, and affects all of the wikis
hosted by White Wolf, including but not limited to the Camarilla wiki.
If you have a burning need for details about the process, you can
contact them at ques...@white-wolf.com.

--
Wes Contreras, US2002022038
Global Technology Director