A Community Known Site

Jeremy Monroe

Aug 26, 2017, 10:09:07 AM8/26/17
to Known Developers
Due to my interest and love for Known, I have registered a domain running Known for the public to join. Feel free to join and post and use it like an intranet of sort regarding Known, problems, news, etc. Thanks and hope to see you all there!

Jeremy Monroe

Paul Lindner

Dec 20, 2017, 5:54:12 PM12/20/17
to Jeremy Monroe, Known Developers
Any chance you could serve this up with SSL?

--
Known: https://withknown.com/
Documentation: http://docs.withknown.com/

Jeremy Monroe

Apr 19, 2018, 6:56:39 PM4/19/18
to Known Developers
The site has been updated to use ssl. Access it via https

Thanks

Joe Sadoski

Aug 28, 2018, 4:33:14 PM8/28/18
to Known Developers
Sorry to nitpick, but I noticed that you don't have automatic HTTPS upgrades. I can't recommend them enough. Please let me know if you need some help setting this up; I can point you at some resources to make it easy.

Joseph Medellin

Aug 29, 2018, 6:11:43 PM8/29/18
to Known Developers
Joe, is this what you mean? Add this to header file? If so, it doesn't seem too difficult to add but makes perfect sense to have it.

// header

// meta tag

Joe Sadoski

Aug 29, 2018, 6:54:36 PM8/29/18
to Known Developers
(Sorry for the Off-Topic, but I wanted to leave this here just in case someone else is wondering)

This is one way to do it, but depending on the capabilities of your server, you might configure a permanent redirect (301).

I hope this helps! I think a public site (like how Diaspora and Mastadon have main/demo sites) might be a good idea.

Jeremy Monroe

Feb 3, 2019, 2:08:30 PM2/3/19
to Known Developers
It redirects to https whenever I type in http://known.cloud however if no one is using it, I am not to worry about it at the moment.