Known and the European GDPR

Andreas Petersell

May 3, 2018, 7:44:57 AM5/3/18
to Known Developers
Does anybody know an example Known site that was made already "GDPR compliant"? I am a user, not a developer. I have to state what kind of data Known collects when a user is commenting. I also pull in Instagram posts via bridgy. Are the same data collected?

Thank you, Andreas

Marcus Povey

May 5, 2018, 1:41:21 AM5/5/18
to know...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I've not looked into this in massive detail, and I'm not sure there's such a thing as GDPR compliance, but from what I understand Known can certainly comply with the compulsions.

Known core certainly only collects minimal and necessary information, data can be exported, delete means delete etc. Additionally, the core goes out of its way to avoid third party tracking - e.g. images (icons, previews) are all cached locally, limiting the amount of tracking the third party can do, youtube uses the non-cookie endpoint, and exif is stripped from images.

Marcus

--
Known: https://withknown.com/
Documentation: http://docs.withknown.com/